47|Grey

The world was a blur of grey

His heavy breathing fanned across the back of my neck, causing my hair to stand on end. My cheek pressed against the cold stone floor.

My body screamed in protest against his closeness.

Get away.
Stay away.

But it was too late.
He had already had his way with me.

It was never suppose to be like this.
-This...this was not how I wanted it.

My innocence was lost, drowned deep below the surface of the darkness.

My mate was suppose to be my first. But now, this beast had taken something from me that I could never regain.
-My virtue.

I felt dirty.
-impure.

My fingers itched to scratch at my skin, to rid my body of every trace of him.

But there was no way I could do that now, his scent was all over me. Inside and out.

A warm tear crawled down my cheek, falling to the floor.

He groaned as he removed himself from me, standing above my naked body. I remained still and unmoving. I had nothing, nothing left to hide. He had seen everything. Everything he wasn't meant to.

Everything that wasn't his.

His feet thudded lazily against the stone floor on his way out. The thick metal door slamming shut behind him.

Help me.
Someone, somewhere, please help me.

-Please.

***

The creature's head snapped towards me, his eyes burning into my skin, blazing with hatred. He crawled off Eric's lifeless body, dragging itself towards me instead, lips pulled back in a vicious snarl to reveal rows of sharp teeth.

"Please, I-" But no words could be found, instead I found myself backing up until my back collided with the harsh bark of a tree.

To me, he had always been 'the monster' not only because I had not know his name, but also because it seemed the word best to describe him.
-A monster, which he was.

But if I were to die, I would not die in fear,
In fear of the monster that plagued my nightmares,
I would face him.
-And I would not go down without a fight.

This was it...
-This was how it would end.

Because Evanora had been correct in her prediction, in the end...
Everything would end in death.

-Mortem.

It's feet dug into the ground, upturning the fresh soil as it stalked closer. It's black eyes burning into my skin.

"Cry for me Arden."

I shrunk back, my body slumping against the shark bark of the tree. This was it.

"You're so beautiful when you cry."

It all happened so fast.
A blur of colours and memories collided into one.
One second I was stood cowering, the next... I was on the floor, clutching my stomach.

Blood dripped from the monsters mouth in thick scarlet tendrils.

My hands fumbled and shook, somehow finding their way from my stomach, the scent of copper hit me like a truck, and my fingers were coated with red.

The world spun dangerously, trees merging into one monotonous green blur.

"I love you."

Fire, my stomach was on fire. Pain raced through my body as I screamed, but it felt as though my mouth was filled with blood.

I was drowning all over again.

Thick fingers and sharp claws grip my body.

My baby.
Kaden's baby.

My fingers are red.
He is red.
Everything is red.

Purple skin bruised by harsh fists.

"My baby..." I cried, but the creature only snarled, revealing a mouth full of pointed knives.

Something pounded in the distance, the sound of many feet.

He had found me.
He was coming.

My voice was weak and half dead, as I called out.

"Kaden,"

***
I'm sorry it's so short but I want to end his book on fifty chapters (cus it would be satisfying af) anyways updates will be slow because of school and my horse, but I will update whenever I can. Also let's ignore he fact that this chapter is Literally all over the place...
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟