45|Trails

"Be safe," I smiled, pressing a kiss against her cheek

"Be safe,"
I smiled, pressing a kiss against her cheek.

"I will," she grinned rolling her eyes, "A guard really wasn't necessary, I'll be fine."

"I know, but it will stop me from worrying, otherwise I won't be able to get any work done if I'm fretting about where you are and if you're okay." I chuckled, nuzzling my nose into her neck. She smelled of me, since our mating, both of our scents had mingled, intertwined into one. Perfect.

"I'm only going for a walk around the Eastern Boarder, it's not like I'm actually crossing it."

"You're carrying our baby inside of you, which means that protection is always necessary, unless I'm around."

"Fine," she groaned giving me one last peck on the cheek, "See you tonight,"
-and with that, she left, leaving the door wide open behind her.

"I love you!" I called down the hall,

"I love you too!" I heard her faintly reply.

***

"Alpha,"

I looked up to the man across the desk, Martin, one of my finest trackers. I raised my eyebrows expectantly, but the man just frowned and shook his head slowly, his shaggy brown hair moving to cover his forehead.

"Nothing yet?" I asked.

"Nothing as of yet." He confirmed, his head hanging low in shame.

"But we will find him, rest assured." He said, his voice flaring with a slight growl. My brothers capture meant just as much to my pack as it did to me, Arden was their Luna after all, and I, their Alpha.

"He knows that Arden's here," I growled, "He will be here soon enough, it's just a matter of waiting."

"And what do we do when he does come?" He asked nervously.

Anger bubbled up within me at the thought of my brother, once a boy so strange and misunderstood, that was now a monster, living in the flesh.

"When he comes... you leave him to me." I growled, "And I'll kill him myself."

"I'll make sure to tell the others that you want him alive." He paused for a moment, his forehead creased as if deep in thought, "What does the Luna think of all this?"

"She hasn't said much, I think she just wants to pretend everything is fine... Even if it's not. She's gone through so much shit because of that bastard, the thought of her having to face him again..." A vicious snarl fuelled by the emotions of my wolf escaped my lips, ripping through the room, causing Martin to jump back out of instinct.

"Sorry." I apologised, tying my best to calm my wolf and regain composure, "My wolf has been constantly on edge recently. It's because he knows that his brother is nearby. It makes him angry that his brother thinks he had some sort of claim over Arden."

"Don't apologise Alpha, anyone else would be the exact same in your position." He smiled slightly. Martin had found his mate a few years back, a pretty thing, she was a petite blonde if I remembered correctly. She had just delivered their third pup, a boy.

"At least she's coping I guess..." I mumbled, subconsciously biting my lip, "But I'm worried for her, she likes to bottle up her emotions."

"Speaking of Arden, where actually is she?" He asked.

"She's gone out for a walk along the Eastern boarder by the lake, I think the pack house is becoming a bit claustrophobic for her, and she just needed some air."

"You let her go alone?" Martin asked in astonishment, a look of deep concern registering on his features.

"Of course not she has a guard with her at all times." I frowned.

Our ears both pricked in unison, both put heads turning toward the door as the sound of thunderous footsteps sprinting down the corridor towards my office.
The door flew open, a young redhead flying in, her hair in a wild mess of blazed fire, and her clear blue eyes wide and fearful.

"What is it?" I asked, and rising from my seat.

"A lone wolf," She breathed, " Spotted by the Eastern boarder!"

***
I'm sorry it's so short and very late.
I won't have much time to update during the holidays, so updates my be once every few weeks as I am spending all day everyday working at the stables so I get up really early and when ever I get back I'm too tired to do anything except sleep😬😬
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟