29-Enemies

Marco received a call from Denaris.

["Marco, we have a problem. The men cannot locate Luna based on the coordinates given by Lance. They also found at least a hundred of our men on a warehouse near the coordinates. They were tied, gagged, locked and cramped on three shipping containers hidden in the perimeter. Those were the men we sent to Luna one week ago."]

"I knew it! There's someone blocking the correct GPS and sending out incorrect coordinates. Give them the address Denaris. No need to hide this location as it seemed we were already discovered. I need reinforcement as soon as possible."

["Hang on. I'll make sure help is on its way. I am also on my way there now as we speak. Sorry. It was supposed to be a surprise. I was invited."]

"See you in a while." Marco felt relieved that Denaris will be arriving.

"Just as I thought. We are on our own now. We have to deactivate the CCTVs. The enemies are on the loose." Alex still felt strange. She knew they are not safe out in the open.

Marco called Lance.

"Lance, yes. Good that Denaris called you first. Listen, deactivate the CCTVs. I tried but somehow I can't ." He cut the call and turned to Alex.

"He's on it. We have to strategize. . . I will. . ." Alex was fast. She pulled Marco to her hiding place and fired ceaselessly at the ten men who were firing and running towards them. Marco's back was on the attackers when Alex pulled him. When he saw what was happening, he held up the rifle slung on his shoulder and fired at the enemies. One by one they fell but more came in.

They were outnumbered, he knew that two to thirty was a difficult scenario but with the way Alex and Marco were gunning down their attackers, in less than five minutes, the number of approaching men were reduced in half. Some of the men grew some brain. They stopped and hid from their assault.

Another round of gunfire were heard as men who are now wearing specialized masks were trying to be stealthy in approaching them but their gunshots gave them away.

Alex aimed and fired. Marco was momentarily mesmerized with how precise her shots were. Always to the head or neck or chest of the enemies. It was always to kill or immobilize. No second chances. No hesitations.

They took out new guns. It was faster than replacing the magazines of their rifles with bullets. He saw Alex unhook the Ninja stars from her belt. He watched in awe as his girlfriend threw the shuriken and hit seven men in just one strike. Blood splattered everywhere from the wrath of its blade.

"That's awfully hot Baby." Marco said as he took out the daggers from his leg strap. He threw two and hit the chest of two approaching opponents.

"Not bad." Alex smiled at him.

They seemed to enjoy showing off their combat and fighting skills to each other. It felt as intimate as their lovemaking. It was like they were showing a part of each other that are not meant to be shown to others.

"Keep your mask on. I smell gas."

"If it's poison gas, we don't stand a chance." Alex remembered the clues that she received from her ex-friends.

Marco took out a portable oxygen tank and hooked it to Alex's mask.

"Where's yours?" Alex asked and she even searched the bag for another tank.

"We only have one. Use it. I can hold my breath for as long as thirteen minutes." He smiled and caressed her cheeks. If it was a different situation, they would have kissed after his sweet gesture.

A fresh wave of enemies arrived as the gas thickened. Alex worried for Marco. His mask will not help him breathe. She knew they had to get away as fast as possible. Marco turned on the oxygen lever to ensure that Alex will not have any difficulty in breathing. He breathed in from Alex's tank before he held his breath.

Five men advanced from different directions. Alex was able to shoot three at the chest while Marco flicked his daggers, one on each hand and landed at their opponent's shoulders. He almost missed his shot because of the pain he felt on his eyes and the tightness of his chest.

Twelve minutes and twenty wounded men passed, Alex tapped Marco and transferred the mask to him. They knew that the portable tank can only sustain them for thirty minutes. They had to act fast and escape from the building.

Marco returned the mask to Alex. All was going well until a grenade was thrown at them. It could have blown them off to bits but luckily Alex caught it. She threw it back to the group of attackers. They had limited time to duck for cover as a loud explosion filled the building.

The explosion gave Marco an idea for their escape. He took one grenade, removed the pin with his teeth and threw it at the walls that will lead them to the barracks. When the walls crumbled, fresh air slowly dissipated the poison gas. Alex was flattened on the floor. Before the blowup, Marco pinned her to the floor to ensure her safety from the falling debris.

After the blast, Marco stood up quickly and pulled up Alex. They have no time to remove the debris and dusts on their heads and body. She removed the gas tank, took the half emptied bag of ammunition, slung it on her shoulders and ran outside, armed and ready to fire at their opponents when needed. Marco followed soon after.

When they reached the clearing. They were not prepared for what was waiting for them.