Chapter 2

Thank you pjmismine for the amazing picture! It's very unique and I love it so much!! I'll have the other picture posted at the end of the chapter.

Song: "Whatever It Takes" by Imagine Dragons

*Unedited*

A strong scent hit my nose as soon as we waked in the large dining hall

A strong scent hit my nose as soon as we waked in the large dining hall. The sound of soft music played in the background and tables were scattered around the room, leaving space in the middle for dancing. The lights were dim and a large crystal chandelier hung in the middle of the room. People sat at the tables while some stood talking.

Most of them were males. A lot of the females stood in groups talking to each other. I saw my parents already talking to people, so I stayed with Preston and Gianna.

I felt my stomach growl as the delicious scent of food clouded my nose.

Preston was already walking to the food table before I even had to ask. It was a buffet, which made it even better. I didn't waste anytime to grab a plate and start piling food on it.

Instead of waiting for Preston and Gianna, I went to find a table that no one was sitting at. After I found one, I happily started digging in my food.

The chair next to me pulled back and someone took a seat. I glanced up and furrowed my eyebrows when I saw that it was Gabriel. Next to him another man had sat down. I could tell that he was tall and well-built with beautiful dark skin.

"Hey, Liana," Gabriel greeted me as he took a bite of garlic bread.

I offered him a smile, "Hey."

"This is my Beta, Alex," Gabriel told me.

Alex smiled at me and told me with a deep voice, "It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," I said returning the smile.

Gianna took a seat next to me on the other side and Preston sat down next to her.

She leaned over to me and whispered, "Who's that guy?"

Instead of answering, I decided to introduce them. I gestured toward my brother, "This is my brother, Preston, the future Alpha of the Lunar Shadow Pack." 

Gabriel and Alex greeted him and introduced themselves before I turned to Gianna. "Alex, this is Gianna. She's going to be the future Beta."

I grinned when I noticed Gianna's cheeks turn red.

"Really?" Alex asked, turning his full attention to her. They quickly got into conversation. I turned back to Gabriel, who was talking about what it's like being an Alpha to my brother. He actually looked truly interested in what someone had to say.

That's a first.

I listened in on their conversation while I continued to eat my food. It was probably close to being the best food I've ever tasted. As soon as I finished, I excused myself to get more. As I stood at the table grabbing food I felt a presence behind me.