Chapter 20

Song: "High Hopes" by Panic! At The Disco

I'm loving the album so far!

When the plane landed, we all got off

When the plane landed, we all got off. I was excited to be able to see Alpha Gabriel again. We hadn't texted in a while and I wanted to know how he was doing.

I threw my back pack over my shoulder and followed Damien and my dad towards the black car waiting for us. A smile grew on my face as Gabriel got out of the car.

"Liana!"

A smile played on Gabriel's face when he saw me. He was about to pull me into a hug when Damien growled and slid his arm around my waist.

Gabriel's eyebrows drew together in confusion, then realization hit him. "You're his mate?"

I nodded my head. I already knew what he was thinking. I remembered our conversation, back when I first met him, regarding Damien.

A look of sadness passed over his face, but it was gone as soon as it came. He straightened his back and offered me another smile. "I'm glad you found your mate."

"Me too," I replied, not really knowing how to respond to his sadness.

Gabriel turned towards Damien and my dad. He bowed his head respectfully towards them.

"Alpha. Your Majesty," he greeted them. They greeted him back with a nod.

We all got into the car, me sitting between my dad and Damien. From the passenger seat, Gabriel was explaining what was going to happen. He told us that he was going to have men go with us to the witch's home.

The scenery before me was beautiful. It was extremely different from what I was used to. I couldn't help but stare with my mouth gaped.

Gabriel barked orders in Portuguese before the car came to a complete stop. He gestured for us to get out, so we did. I was hit by heat and humidity. There was a jeep awaiting us with men already sitting in it. Gabriel followed us out.

"Good luck, I hope that she'll be able to help you find Luna Jasmine," he said to us.

"You're not coming?" I asked.

He shook his head, "No I've got business to take care of elsewhere."

Soon we were in the jeep and off into the rainforest. The sound of life in the forest filled my ears. Sweat was already collecting on my skin. I didn't know how long we were driving. Soon we had to ditch the jeep because the path became too narrowed. We followed the trail for a couple hours until we reached a small hut.

We could tell that magic was held within it. It had that aura surrounding it. Dad ordered the men to stay put as we walked up to the front door. I lifted my had and knocked on it. We waited a few seconds before it opened and revealed a young woman. She frowned at us and narrowed her eyes at Damien.