Chapter 19

[Unedited]

The trees of the familiar territory passed us

The trees of the familiar territory passed us. I stared out the window, a small smile growing on my face. I missed my pack and I felt excited to be able to see my family again. But that wasn't why I was here. I wanted to find something important to my mom.

We successfully made it passed the border and were pulling up the driveway of my parents' house. Before I could even make it up the porch, I was engulfed in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much!" My best friend cried as she didn't let go of me. "We all have. It hasn't been the same without you."

I hugged her back before letting go. "I've missed you too."

I turned towards the front door and saw my dad stepping out onto the porch. I noticed the dark circles under his eyes and the exhaustion on his face. He looked miserable.

I walked up the steps of the porch and pulled him into a hug. He hugged me tightly. I couldn't tell him that it was going to be okay because I wasn't sure. I knew my mom could handle herself, but I didn't know what the person who kidnapped her was capable of.

"We'll find her."

After all the greetings, I went in the house and immediately went to my parents bedroom. My dad followed me curiously.

"What are you looking for?"

"Something, anything, that is important to mom," I told him as I started digging around in drawers. I opened up the nightstand but quickly slammed it shut when I saw a half empty box of condoms.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust and quickly moved to another drawer.

"Why?"

"I discovered a new talent of mine. I can locate someone by touching something important to them. I don't know if it'll work but it can't hurt to try."

Immediately my dad started to help. He looked under the bed and pulled out a box. He handed it to me and I quickly opened.

Inside laid a few pictures. There were pictures of her when she was younger with some other people. I noticed them being Anthony and Sarina. They close friends since they were kids.

One picture caught my attention. It was a picture of my mom in the hospital, holding a baby in her hands. I could tell from the color of the baby's eyes that it was me.

My dad stood next to me and looked down at the picture in my hands. An unreadable emotion passed over his face.

"This one should work," he said quietly.

I nodded my head and sat the box down before holding the picture in both of my hands. I concentrated long and hard, trying to focus on my mom and where she was. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly as I tried to do what the Moon Goddess told me to do.