Chapter 4

Thank you for the beautiful cover avengergirl0788 ! I like how it's different from the other ones.

Sorry for the wait, but I'm on vacation in California so I haven't had time to finish writing the chapter.

[unedited] sorry if there are mistakes, this was typed on my phone.

Darkness swallowed me up, blanketing me so I could no longer see light

My wrists felt tied by rope that scraped my skin. I gritted my teeth as I felt the silver burning my skin, weakening me so I couldn't free myself.

I stopped struggling when I caught a glimpse of red in the darkness.

Glowing red eyes.

Scratch that. Flames. Flames that looked like pits of fire straight from hell that could burn you just from a glance.

I felt like I was in a trance that almost seemed too impossible to get out of.

"Now I have you right where I want you," a voice whispered darkly.

+ + +

My eyes snapped open. Sweat dripped from my body, my skin burning as if it was touched by fire.

My lungs constricted as if I was being choked. It was almost too painful to breathe.

"Liana! What's wrong?" Gianna asked, quickly moving to my side. I could barely see her through my blurry eyes. She looked panicked, her eyes wide, as I coughed from trying to breathe.

My body was paralyzed and I couldn't speak.

The door opened loudly as Preston rushed over to us, taking my hands in his own.

"What's happening to her?" I could faintly hear Gianna's voice over the pounding in my ears.

"Get my parents," Preston ordered her, his eyes not leaving mine. She quickly left, leaving us alone.

"It's okay, Ana. You're going to be fine," he murmured. He looked afraid, which said something because he never shows when he is.

I wished that I could tell him something, but I couldn't. My mouth was sealed shut.

The door opened again and my parents came in. I could barely see my mom come into my vision.

Her hand gently cupped my face. As she stared at me and listened to Gianna explain what happened, she looked as if she knew what was wrong.