Chapter 27

I'm so sorry! I feel so bad that I haven't updated in such a long time. I have been suffering from a giant writer's block. It's been terrible, like I have ideas, but it is so difficult writing it down.

I've also started writing ideas down for a side story for Cyrus and Blake. It may be a short story, but I'm not sure yet. I've also made covers for it that I'll post at the end of the chapter. I'm going to need help deciding which is the best.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

[unedited]

I stared at the Vampire in front of me with disbelief

I stared at the Vampire in front of me with disbelief. Why would he need to get revenge on my mate?

I noticed the evil look in his eyes. They were dark with pure revenge. His lips were pressed firmly together in a straight line. The smirk and playful demeanor was long gone.

I felt strong hands grab at my arms. However, I moved quickly. I kicked my leg behind me, successfully hitting someone. I heard them grunt while their grip on me loosened. I used that to my advantage and ripped away from their hands. I didn't make it far before I felt something sharp pierce my skin. Last I saw were eyes filled with darkness.

• •

*Damien's P.O.V*

I could no longer hear the sound of the water running. Liana must be done with her shower. I stood up from my desk, raking my fingers through my hair tiredly. It was later, and all I wanted to do was go to sleep with my mate in my arms.

With that as my motivation, I walked out of my office and headed towards my room. I frowned slightly when the smell of my mate was faint. I pushed the door open. It was empty.

I quickly went to check the bathroom. Her vanilla bean scent was still there, but I knew she wasn't in the room for a long time. The mirror was almost clear and not as fogged up as it would've been if she had just finished.

I felt my heartbeat pick up its pace. I checked everywhere in the room, including the balcony.

"Liana!" I called out to her as I exited my room and went to the hallway. When I didn't hear a response, I started checking other rooms. She wasn't here. Her scent was practically gone and I couldn't hear any heart beats.

I ran back to my room, my eyes scanning the place. My eyes landed on a note sitting on the right nightstand. I immediately grabbed it.

My eyebrows furrowed as my grip tightened on the paper.

I have your mate, now we're even. V.

"Son of a bitch," I growled. The paper crumbled in my hand and immediately left the room and down to my office. I mind-linked all my man and messaged all the Alphas that I could reach. I was even debating asking the other Kings and Queens, but I wasn't sure I trusted any of them. I needed all of their help because he could've taken her anywhere.