Chapter 12

Thank you avengergirl0788 for the beautiful cover! I love it so much, especially the girl's eyes.

I had never slept so well in my whole life. The thick sheets blanketed me and I felt like I was laying on a cloud.

I buried my face into my pillow but stopped when a savory scent hit my nose and the sound of sizzling bacon hit my ears.

I sat up in my bed, the sheets pooling around my waist. I let out a yawn while rubbing my eyes. Slowly, I slid out of the bed and walked into the bathroom. I cringed at the sight of myself. Shrugging my shoulders, I washed my face and put my hair up into a messy bun.

I went downstairs and into the kitchen. Damien was already dressed in a suit. I looked down at the black shirt I still had on. It still smelled like his minty scent. I ignored how cold the floor was as I walked over to the bar and took a seat on a stool. A plate was placed in front of me. I think I drooled a little.

"Thank you," I said as I immediately starting taking bites.

Damien didn't look at me as he took a seat on the stool next to me with a plate of his own in front of him.

The silence between us was awkward. It was probably my fault but I was too busy enjoying my breakfast to care. The sound of the front door opening loudly, along with the sound of voices bickering, broke the silence.

"You're such an idiot, Colton. I swear sometimes you can be so—" a female voice spoke, sounding very annoyed. However she paused when they walked into the kitchen. Both immediately stared at me. My cheeks were puffed with food and I struggled to chew it properly. I was definitely not a sight to see at the moment.

Both of them started to grin at me. I felt slightly startled when they both started shouting things at me.

"Are you sure you're his mate?"

"What shows do you watch?"

"Why would you want to be his mate?"

"You're so pretty!"

"You said she was hot, but not this hot."

"We're going to be best friends!"

"Hey! I thought we were best friends!"

The girl scrunched her nose up in disgust. "Us? Friends?" I could tell she was joking because the grin never left the guy's face.

I glanced at Damien who was glaring at the both of them, the fork in his hand bending slightly from his tight grip.

"Quiet, both of you," he gritted out, but they ignored him. Instead they came closer to me.

"Hi, I'm Juniper, but you can call me June," the girl said before pulling me into a hug. She pulled away, still grinning. She had curly, fiery-red hair that framed her face and looked to be about my height. Her bright-green eyes looked cheerful but slightly intimidating.