Chapter 8

Thank you musicalbeast101 for the amazing cover! I love her hair it's exactly how I picture it.

Enjoy the chapter!

[Unedited]

I woke up to the sound of voices talking downstairs–scratch that–shouting down stairs

I quickly jumped out of bed and walked out of my room. I crept quietly down the stairs and used my strong hearing to listen.

"That wasn't just a bad dream," I heard an angry voice from the kitchen. I immediately recognized that it belonged to my mate. "It was more than a dream, I know it!"

"You need to calm down," I heard mom's voice.

"Don't tell me to calm down," my mate ordered. "She is my mate and I need to know what happened. I know that you know what happened, so you better start talking."

"This is my house. Don't you dare order me around."

I took that as my cue to walk in so my mate doesn't do anything stupid.

"What's going on here?" I asked. Mom looked pissed off as she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the counter. My mate looked just as angry.

He turned to me. "What happened last night?" He asked, his voice dangerously low.

I glanced at mom, who was frowning. I didn't know what to tell him. I was afraid to tell him who I am and what I am. What if he decides he wants to mate with me just for my powers?

"It was a bad dream," I replied shrugging my shoulders. He didn't look convinced as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Then why did your brother ask you what you saw?"

I quickly came up with an excuse.

"We usually tell each other about our dreams," I answered lamely. He still didn't look convinced but didn't answer. Instead, he walked out of the room. Mom and I both relaxed.

We waited for a few seconds to make sure he was gone before we started to talk.

"I saw a vampire in the vision. He had me tied to a chair, however, he didn't seem as terrifying as the other creature I saw before. It didn't feel like he going to hurt me," I explained to mom. Her eyebrows knitted together as if she was deep in thought.

"We have to be careful. Have you seen any vampires lately?" She asked me. I shook my head. I'm sure if I'd seen a vampire, I would've known. They have a strong scent that is easy to be identified. And I'm sure I would recognize the vampire in the vision.

"We don't know when someone will take you. The less people that know your secret, the better."

I had to agree with her there. People never learn when to keep their mouths closed, so it's better if they don't know.