Chapter 18

Thank you to whoever made this for me! I'm having trouble finding who made which covers and its become so confusing. Some people also don't leave their names when they send me the pictures. I will keep posting the covers , but I might not be able to tag the creator.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

[UNEDITED]

"Do you know what abilities you have?" The goddess asked me

I nodded my head. "I know that I can feel other people's emotions if I make skin to skin contact with them, and I can see visions. I know that I'm stronger and quicker. I also recently found out that I can see someone's past by touching something important to them. Yeah, that's pretty much it."

"You can also see their future and where they are located," she added before continuing to speak, "You'll eventually learn new abilities. Like being able to communicate with me, teleport, and manipulating light. However, you won't be able to access these abilities without completing the bond with your mate."

I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought of completing the bond with Damien. The Moon Goddess gave me a knowing look.

"There are some things that require a lot of energy. Completing the bond will not only give you more energy and strength, but also your mate as well."

I thought over her words before it hit me. "Wait, that means I can find my mom, right? I just need to touch something important to her."

"Right, but remember it might not work unless you strengthen the bond."

"How do the other abilities work? Manipulating light and teleporting, I mean," I asked curiously. I couldn't help but feel the excitement of being able to do any of this stuff.

She smiled at my eagerness. "For teleporting, all you have to do is concentrate hard enough on the place you want to teleport to. For manipulating light, I'll help you once you've come across it."

"Okay," I replied.

"For now I want to help you with seeing someone's future and how to locate them." She held up an object, a book, that just appeared in her hand. She handed it to me and as soon as I touched it, images were flashing in my head. Her voice, however, brought my attention away from the images and soon I wasn't able to see them anymore.

"Because you aren't able to control it yet, you'll be seeing things as soon as you touch it. I'm going to show you how to control it and see only what you want to see."

• • •

I held the book in my hand, concentrating on what I wanted to know: who the owner of the book was. I thought deep and hard, taking a deep breath in the process.

Images started popping up in my mind, giving me blurry images of a face, a little girl with blonde hair. She looked no younger than five. She was sitting in a bed, well it didn't really look like a bed, but more like a raggedy mattress with a ripped blanket.