Chapter 10

Thank you pjmismine for the amazing cover! I'll have the other ones posted at the end of the chapter.

[unedited]

I shot a glare at Eric

I shot a glare at Eric. "Yes, I told him that I'm moving. Neither of us want a long distance relationship so we broke up. Now can you please go bother someone else?" My heart clenched at the thought of us not together anymore. I was happy with him but I knew it wouldn't work out.

I took my mate's hand, ignoring the bond, and dragged the both of us away.

I didn't know where I was taking us until I opened a random door and realized it was dad's office.

I leaned back against the door after I closed it and took a deep breath. The moonlight filled up the room from the large window facing the forest.

I even forgot that my mate was with me until I felt his thumb gently rub circles on the back of my hand.

I jumped slightly from his touch and stared up at him.

When did he get so close to me?

He took a closer step towards me and placed his other hand on the door, effectively caging me in.

He leaned down so his face was only inches away from mine, his breath fanning my face.

"Damien," he whispered softly, his deep voice filling the air.

My eyes widened slightly. "What?"

"My name is Damien." His name smoothly rolled of his tongue.

"Damien," I tested his name. "How come no one knows your name?"

"No one has ever wanted to know."

"You've lived hundreds of years, yet no one has asked?"

It seemed pretty unbelievable but he looked intimidating, which was probably why.

He shrugged his shoulders. "No one has wanted to get to know me really. Only my brother knows my name, or should I say 'knew' my name, along with a close friend."

He stared at me with no emotions on his face as he spoke. I remembered mom telling me about the Rogue King and how he was related to the king. She told me about how the Moon Goddess killed him.

He looked as if his brother's death didn't affect him at all. Although I didn't know the story between the two.

My breath caught in my throats when I felt his fingers brush against my chin, tilting it up slightly. His chest pressed up against mine and I could feel his muscles under his black dress shirt.