Chapter 7

Thank you juli774j for the beautiful cover. I love it a lot and I appreciate you making this for me!

Enjoy the chapter!

[unedited]

The rest of dinner felt awkward and went by slowly

Being the 'good Alpha' he is, my dad asked my mate if he wanted to stay here for the night while his men stayed at the Pack House.

And lucky for me the guest room is across the hall from mine. My dad didn't like that idea at all but it was the largest guest room we had.

After dinner I carried the dishes into the kitchen. In this house, whoever didn't cook had to clean the kitchen. My dad's rules not mine, but I guess it seemed fair.

Preston handed me the dishes and scrubbed the counter while I washed the dishes.

"So," he began, leaning against the counter next to the sink. "You're mate is here. What are you going to do?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I honestly don't know. He wants me to go back with him. I know I kind of have to if I want to live, but I don't want him to expect that I'll just jump into his arms just like that."

"Then don't jump into his arms," Preston stated as if it was that simple.

"It's not that simple, Pres," I said placing the last pot onto the drying rack before turning to face him.

"Yes it is. Just go with him but don't give in to his charms. If you're there with your mate that should be enough to keep you from dying, that is, until you go into heat, but that's six months after meeting him," Preston answered. "I'm sure it won't take that long until you two fully mate. Get to know him first, maybe he'll open up to you."

I nodded my head. He was right. He really needed his mate. He would be the perfect mate, I could tell.

"You're right," I agreed, giving him a small smile. He smiled back but I could tell it didn't reach his eyes. He really needed his mate. I had a theory that Lily was his mate, and I needed to get them in the same room to test that theory.

We both left the kitchen and went our separate ways. I didn't know where my parents went or my mate, so I decided to go do my own thing.

I went to the living room and flopped down on the couch. I picked up the remote and turned the TV onto some old movie that mom used to watch when she was young. They were pretty good too.

I was so engrossed into the movie, I didn't realize the presence of someone in the room. The couch dipped as a body took a seat next to me. The rich scent of my mate hit my nose.

My eyes shifted from the TV and I turned to him, raising an eyebrow.

"Can I help you?"

He stared at me for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. I noticed he was wearing a white undershirt along with the black suit pants he had on before. His muscles bulged from under his shirt and the outline of his abs were visible.