Chapter 21

[UNEDITED]

"How did you end up here?" I asked Cyra curiously as I took a bite of my cooked meat

"How did you end up here?" I asked Cyra curiously as I took a bite of my cooked meat. I never asked what it was, because I was to scared to know. It tasted good though.

"I prefer to live alone, and I was good friends with Alpha Gabriel's parents. They let me stay here if I did business with them. When Gabriel became Alpha he let me stay. I'm glad because I like it here," she responded while eating her dinner.

We sat around the fire, the crackling and popping filling in our silence. I finished my dinner before getting up and stretching.

"So how did you two meet?" Cyra asked. I froze and shared a look with Damien.

"Uh, we met at an Alpha meeting," I answered her. I hoped she wouldn't ask more about it. I noticed my dad glaring at Damien. He still wasn't too fond of him and just chose not to talk to him more than he had to.

Damien nodded his head in agreement. Cyra narrowed her eyes slightly, as if she knew there was more to the story.

"That's the most boring story I've ever heard! Where's the juicy details?" She finally commented.

I shrugged my shoulders. Cyra sighed before waving us off with her hand. She stood up with a smile on her lips. "Well, I'm going to head in. Sleep well," she said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

We all bid her goodnight before she went back into her hut. It was still pretty warm outside, and the humidity just made it worse. Gabriel's men stood around talking, while some stood on guard. It wasn't that late, but I felt the need to head to my own hut.

I turned to Damien and my dad. "I'm going to bed," I told them.

"Goodnight, sweetie," my dad said while pressing a kiss to my cheek.

I walked away in the direction of my hut. It was dark, but my good vision allowed me to be able to see. I could hear the forest come to life, which sounded very soothing.

When I stepped into the hut, I felt my mouth fall open slightly. I finally realized why Cyra had that look on her face before she went to bed.

Candles were scattered around, giving the room a soft glow. I didn't understand the motives behind this, but I didn't complain. It was nice.

I walked over to my bag and pulled out a clean bra and underwear. I decided against a shirt and pants because it was too hot. I honestly didn't even care if Damien saw me like this. He already saw me naked.

I brushed my teeth before laying down on the fur blanket. It was thick enough to not make it seem like I was laying on the floor. I sighed in content and moved to lay on my stomach. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of the forest.

The sound of the door opening caused me to open my eyes. Damien walked in quietly, closing the door behind him. He walked around me to get to his own bag. I watched his back as he pulled some clothes out. I felt my breath hitch when he pulled his shirt off. I looked away and closed my eyes.