Chapter 29

Song: "Bad At Love" by Halsey

[unedited]
*Chapter 29*

-

The weather didn't really drop as the end of December slowly approached. It was kind of hard to tell that it was almost Christmas. Especially since Damien was practically a grinch.

He didn't even own a Christmas tree. When I asked him about he responded with "Christmas is for children."

That didn't stop me from buying a tree while he was busy with his work. He seemed pretty pissed off when he saw the whole house was completely decorated, even the outside. Of course, I didn't do it all by myself, I had some help from Juniper and Colton. Although they spent almost the whole time arguing.

The hardest part was finding a Christmas present for him. One that was decent. It Damien didn't really like many things, except for art. That was his only hobby. You'd think for someone who has lived for as long as he has, he'd pick up on quite a few hobbies. Not him. Not Damien.

Despite the fact that Mr. Scrooge seemed to have no Christmas spirit whatsoever, he still made the effort to invite my family over to spend Christmas with us. It warmed my heart really. I was tempted to ask him if he had any family, but I refrained from doing so because I remembered that Damien outlived all of them. All because of me.

If I wasn't his mate, he probably would've found her a lot quicker, meaning his aging wouldn't have stopped.

Nothing peculiar happened since Vincent, the Vampire King, decided it was okay to kidnap me. I had a feeling that it wasn't over yet, but I didn't want to worry about it at the moment. All I wanted to was spend the holidays with my mate and family with no worries.

"Liana? Hellooo."

I heard my voice being called. I shook my head away from my thoughts and glanced down at my phone in my hands.

The image of London and Blake's faces came into view. Oh right, we were doing a three-way video chat.

London shoved her face into the camera. "Are you okay? We've been trying to get your attention for the past minute, and you've been staring off into space."

"Oh yeah, of course. I was just thinking."

London started wiggling her eyebrows but didn't mention anything about Damien. Blake was still completely unaware of everything.

She never questioned me about why I moved or dug deeper into it, even though I didn't think my reason was good enough.

I didn't miss Blake slightly narrow her eyes as she watched the interaction between London and I.

"No let's get back to business. We were just talking about Blake's love life."

"Oh hell no." Blake groaned before she shot a glare at the camera.

"Love life?" My interest was peaked. This was news to me. "With who?"

Of course I had a slight idea. A certain pig-headed demon king who probably didn't really deserve a mate. But hey, everyone deserves a chance at redemption. Maybe Blake would be the one to make everything all better. Cyrus never explained to me about his situation, but I didn't even bother asking.

"There's this guy at school who obviously has a thing for her, but she won't admit it. He practically flirts with her every time he sees her and they text all the time."

"We're just friends..." Blake muttered looking down at her black-painted finger nails. Her dark hair was tied up in a loose bun, a couple strands falling in her face. "Besides, he's only being friendly, and he probably flirts with other girls."