Chapter 31

Song: "Jumpsuit" by Twenty-One Pilots

[unedited]

I couldn't have been more right

I couldn't have been more right. The next morning the tension between Damien's best friends was so thick, it would be impossible to cut it with a knife. You'd need like a Dao or something.

My parents were still upstairs in their room, but the rest of us were down here. We were aware of what went down between the two of them thanks to yours truly.

I raised an eyebrow at Juniper when she locked eyes with me. Her cheeks reddened, matching the color of her hair.

Damien leaned back against the counter as he faced his friends who sat at opposite ends of the counter. Preston sat between them, a smirk playing on his lips as he ate his bowl of cereal. Damien's eyes danced with amusement as he watched his friends squirm uncomfortably.

"I think it's best if we addressed the elephant in the room," I spoke while peeling back the peels of a banana. I opened the jar of peanut butter and dipped my knife into it. When I pulled the knife out, I wiped the peanut butter onto the banana. I took a bite of it and hummed in satisfaction.

I slowly stopped chewing when I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"What?" I mumbled through a mouthful of food. "We're all thinking of it."

I quickly finished my bite before continuing. "So you fucked. It was bound to happen. All that arguing you guys to contributed to all of that pent up sexual frustration. We all have needs."

Juniper and Colton gaped at my bluntness.

"We'll be supportive of whatever you decide to do from now on." I picked up the knife and added on more peanut butter before taking another bite of my fruit.

The sound of Preston's phone ringing filled up the newfound silence between all of us. I watched as his eyebrows furrowed as he answered it, pressing the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

Preston became silenced as the person on the other end started talking rapidly.

"Wait—" He dragged a hand through his dark hair. "Lily—"

The other end went dead. Preston slowly pulled the phone away from his face. His knuckles going white as he gripped the device tightly. His eyes blazed with anger as his wolf surfaced.

"Preston." Before I could say anything else. He abruptly stood up from the counter and quickly left the kitchen. All of us stared at each other in confusion. What just happened?

I followed him out of the kitchen just in time to see him running up the stairs with his werewolf speed. I heard his feet running down the hall and a door swinging open, hitting the wall with a loud bang.