Chapter 6

It's been a few days since Caesar and his family decided to let Willow stay with them. When he announced the news to the other apes, others seemed happy for them, it some of them were beyond furious and had a few things to say. Especially Koba. Caesar had none of it though. As of now Willow was his daughter and no could change that.

Today was another day, but Willow really was talkative today. She couldn't fully speak, but she sure could babble on about things. Cornelia would smile and play with her. One thing she learned is that human babies love to play, just like a baby ape. She also knew that at this age, Willow would want to try and walk. She would grip onto anything she could and stand up, be never walked on her own yet.

As Willow babbled, Cornelia cooed back and smiled, bouncing Willow in her lap lightly. Caesar was out with his son and the other males, hunting for there dinner tonight. Cornelius was at his classes with Maurice. Cornelia was either home with Willow, or with other female apes and took Willow along. Everyday Cornelia would nasty looks from other apes when she was seen with Willow.

Usually she didn't care, but it really started to annoy her. Today she had to meet with some other female apes and she had to take Willow along of course. Willow soundlessly in her arms as she was with the other female apes, occasionally getting dirty looks from some of them. As she was with the other females, she was called over back another group and knew of the meeting she had.

She looked down at Willow and frowned. Willow would wake up soon and she couldn't have Willow be fussy during the meeting. She looked over and saw a female orangutan, Nia. She could trust Nia. She walked over to the female ape and hooted getting her attention.

"Could you watch her for a few minutes?" Cornelia signed, hoping she would say yes.

Nia was hesitant, but said yes with a smile. She took Willow in her arms and earned a thanks from Cornelia, who then walked off towards the quick meeting. Nia looked down at Willow and smiled, but frowned as some other female apes came towards her.

She held onto Willow a little tighter, close to her chest. Without preparation, Willow was pulled out of her arms, Willow's leg being grabbed. Nia was pushed to the ground and lined down, then started getting hit with multiple fists. Willow fell to the ground and cried loudly. Some female apes poked Willow hard and roughly shoved her around.

Cornelia screeched and ran over to Willow's aid, hissing at the female apes. She quickly picked up Willow and hissed away the female apes that had Nia pinned to the ground hitting her. Nia had a few bruises and even cut on the bad of her head. When she fell her head hit a rock. Nia was helped to the ape doctors and into there hut.

Cornelia looked down at Willow and saw she had a nasty cut on her arm. Cornelia growled and hissed at the female apes who hurt her daughter. Then she walked to her hut and began to clean Willows cut. Poor Willow cried loudly as her wound was being cleaned, making Cornelia frown. Then tears formed in Cornelia's eyes. She cried because Willow, her daughter, was in pain. She hated it when her children were in pain.

As she started to wrapped Willows arm in some large green leaves, Caesar got word of what happened when he arrived home. He rushed to his hut and saw Willow with a cut on her arm, as well as Cornelia crying. He growled as he walked forward, but frowned as Willow and Cornelia cried. When Cornelia was done wrapping Willow's arm up, she held her daughter her chest.

Caesar wrapped his arms around both of them. It took Willow a couple minutes, but she calmed down and so did Cornelia.

"They just! Pushed Nia and pinned her down while they hurt Willow! My Willow!" Cornelia said, angry tears leaving her eyes.

Caesar placed his forehead on hers, wanting her to calm down. Cornelia sobbed into Caesars chest, but soon enough calmed down. Caesar looked down at Cornelia and his adopted daughter.

"I will fix this." He spoke, his voice raspy.

He gave Cornelia a kiss on her forehead and gently rubbed Willow's head, who was now sleeping from crying to much. Caesar left the hut and stood above the ape village. He looked over and saw Nia with a large leave around her head and some bruises on her stomach. Not only was Nia pinned down, she was beaten.

Caesar growled and roared. Every ape looked up at him, freezing in there spots. Caesar looked around and huffed angrily, panting slightly. He jumped down onto the ground and saw his eldest, who looked just as mad as Caesar was and went up to the hut to check his sister and mother.

Caesar stood tall and had a snarl look on his face.

"If!" He shouted, "Anyone hurts my family! Again! You will answer to me! Consequences for actions! Willow is family! Do not touch her!" He shouted in a warning voice.

Some of the female apes backed away slowly and he growled at them, making them back away faster. He gave one final hoot and the apes went back to what they were doing. He went back to the hut and found Blue Eyes holding Willow, while Cornelia held a whimpering Cornelius.

"She will be fine my son..." Cornelia signed to Milo.

Caesar frowned. This did not only affect Nia and Willow. It affected all of them. And certainly not in a good way.