Chapter 23 - Red Haired Demon (Eron)

Miguel talked with his friends and they made up. I didn't want to bother him when he was with them, so I would make up excuses, saying I was busy.

 I would just go chill by myself in the courtyard, or skip class and hang out by myself. It felt rather strange, and a bit lonely. I was used to being surrounded by people.

 Actually, some of the kids at this school, had started to figure out that I had been one the one who had started the rumor about Miguel. They thought it was all rather messed up. I agreed with them. I had had no idea why I started the rumor. I guess I just wanted to believe at the time, that Miguel was gay. That that would make it possible he could be with me.

Others loved to gossip that Miguel was blackmailing me to date him. Ridiculous. They didn't want to believe that I would want to date Miguel.

School and all it's useless gossip was tiring me. I wanted it all to stop.

I went to the cafereria and saw Miguel chatting happily with his friends. My stomach felt tight and I didn't want to eat anymore.

I turned and left campus. I walked all the day down to the closest bus station and made my way home.

My mom wasn't home, so I sat on my couch, staring at the ceiling, feeling bored out of my mind. My stomach growled. That's right, I had skipped lunch.

 I was really hungry... If Miguel was here with me, we could have gone out and gotten burgers.

But he wasn't here.

I felt lonely again. But I couldn't sit here feeling sorry for myself.

Hm...burgers. I was craving burgers.

 I got off the couch and went to my car. I got in and drove off. I wanted to go to the Mcdonald. I figured eating there, surrounded by people would be better than being a loser in my own house.

I parked my car and walked into the shop. I ordered a fish burger and sat down by the farthest window.

I started off into the distance and mindlessly ate my fries.

Halfway through my burger, I felt someone standing close to me. 

I turned and made eye contact with that boy who worked here. The one who dyed his hair flaming red. He had slanted eyes, which was kinda attractive. He just looked too young, and I had Miguel, otherwise, the kid was a total snack.

He was in normal clothes and changed out of his uniform, wearing well fitted jeans and a baggy black sweater.

I guess he had just got off work and changed out of his uniform.

 I took a bite of my burger and continued to stare, challenging him to look away. 

He coughed.

"I like your car," he said first.

I leaned over and looked at my black baby parked outside. "Do you even know what brand it is?" I drawled. 

 He nodded feverishly. "It's a 2009 Maserati Gran Turismo Coupe," he said.

I blinked. I didn't expect him to know. What was he, like grade 8, grade 9?

 "Pretty good, kid. How old are you?" I asked, a bit curious now.

"I'm 15," he said. He was just a year younger than me. Probably grade 10 or something. He looked rather young.

 "Is that grade 9?" I teased.

 He shook his head. "No, grade 10. But um...yah, I'm not in school right now." he said.

"Why not?" I asked.