Chapter 35- I know where you live (Eron)

I drove home with my mom and Matt. My grandparents had gone home after the dinner.

 "So, what did you think of Samantha?" my mother asked me, turning around in the passenger seat.

Matt was driving mom's car. My mom had bought Matt the BMW for his birthday but obviously Matt preferred to drive my mom's Aston Martin.

 I rolled my eyes at my mom's question. I could be more open with my mom.

 "She was..uh..how to say this..."

"She had a serious attitude problem," Matt finished for me. 

"Thank you, Matt!' I called from the back seat.

 "Matt, don't encourage him," my mom said crossly.

 'I just think everyone should have the right to pick who they like. And that girl obviously did not want to be there as much as everyone else," Matt continued.

Matt had guts to say his mind which my mom loved that about him. Completely different from my father, who kept everything pent up inside until it left him rotten.

 "It's what best for the company and Eron understands that," my mom finished.  

 Matt shrugged his shoulders. "Xun, I can respect that but I still think that there are other ways to save a company than marrying off your kids."

My mom slumped back in her seat. I knew how my mother felt. I swallowed my pride. I wanted to take as much burden off her as I could.

 "She wasn't that bad, I'm sure she's a great girl once you get to know her," I added brightly.

I watched Matt look at me through the rear view mirror. I could hid it from my mom, but not from Matt. He knew that when I brought Miguel home, he knew he had been more than a friend.

My mom took off her heels and walked bare foot up the steps to the house. Matt rushed and picked her up. She cried out laughing.

"Put me down, you dummy!" She cried, playfully hitting Matt's back, as he carried her on his back into the house.

My heart felt torn. I had to protect my mom's and Matt's happiness. Even if it meant...that maybe my time with Miguel might be coming to a close.

I went to my room, and threw myself on the bed.

 I flipped open my phone. No new messages. The previous one was still "Sure, np!" from Miguel.

I hit "call" and waited eagerly to talk with him. The phone rang and rang.

Weird, I thought. Maybe he was mad. I didn't blame him. I had ditched him before and that hadn't ended well.

  I called again. The phone picked up.

"Miguel, you are so slow to answer," I retorted.

"Hey Eron," said the other voice on the other line. It sounded young and soft. I immediately realized it wasn't Miguel.

"Who the hell is this?" I sat up in bed.

 "Miguel can't come to the phone right now," the voice replied.

"If you don't tell me who this is, I'm going to hang up and call the police," I threatened.

 "Don't recognize my voice?" the voice said sadly.

My heart hammered in my chest.

"Stop playing games," I said. I felt like someone was feeding me a taste of my own medicine. God, it was any wonder Miguel even liked me if this was what it was like to be on the receiving end.