Chapter 42 - Overdose (Miguel)

I couldn't go home in my angry state. I had walked until I found a bus stop and I got on a bus. I watched the bridge pass my view.

I was so pissed I couldn't think straight but I was glad I hadn't killed myself that day. Eron, as it turned out, was not worth it.

I saw Charlotte's house. I pulled the string and got off the bus.

I walked to her house and knocked. Her father opened the door. 

"What do you want?" he asked rudely. Charlotte's father was such an ass

 "Is Charlotte home?' I asked.

"That slut has another boy looking for her? Jesus, that girl has no self-respect," he muttered.

I was shocked to hear this. What kind of messed up father would say such things.

"Forget it. Now I can see why Charlotte doesn't like company over." I said under my breath.

I walked away, and followed the steps back to my house.

I found Charlotte standing under the tree by my house.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

 "I wanted to see you," she said simply.

"I'm going into withdrawal, and I need to do it but I can't with Bruce always around. Do one more hit with me, for old times sake?" she asked.

That was exactly what I needed right now.

 "Yeah. Come up, and let's take a hit in my room."

We went in and my mom and Charlotte chatted for a bit. Then I excused us and we went up to my room.

I held up my arm and Charlotte shot herself up before she shot me up.

I lay down on the bed. Charlotte lay down beside me. She flipped her fingers into mine and she breathed with a sigh of contentment.

 "I never liked you...I only loved you," she whispered. I looked at her and watched her close her eyes.

 "Me too," I whispered back. I watched tears stream down her face. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to slip away.

The following morning, I woke up and my head was hurting. I wanted water. I rolled over and nudged Charlotte.  She didn't move. I pulled myself to her and hugged her. After my fight with Eron, I was allowed this selfish act.

Her skin felt cold. And her body was a bit too stiff.

My groggily eyes burst open. "Charlotte?" I asked uncertain. She didn't move. "Charlotte, I said a bit louder.

"Charlotte!" I yelled in a panic. "Char, wake the fuck up, this isn't funny!"

I started to breath quickly. "Shit," I thought.

I ran downstairs. My mom was gone, she had already felt for work. I paced around. I didn't know what to do. I thought of Eron, wondering if I should ask for help but I didn't want to get him involved.

I sighed and went to the phone. I called the police.