Encountering A Hasty Situation

Clarissa POV

          The next stop was China which took me by a little bit surprise but after we landed there Mr. Sylvester didn't demanded to start training right away instead he told me to go out and have a look, he told me to study the environment. I was shocked now and kept looking at him for minutes until he got irritated and glared at me.

          I don't know what was wrong with him but I have a map and he told me he brought me to Wudang Mountains which didn't ring a bell at all but still following his order I went on my stroll finding a reason for this strange command and I found the answer pretty soon as I saw some people doing some weird poses and jumping elegantly in the air while also having a pretty tough fight, it piqued my interest and I stopped to stare at them.

          I noticed everything from how they moved to how they fought and I have to say their moves were very elegant, on the other hand I found a lady with a hand fan batting her face with it and just then I saw something behind her, someone charging at her with a stick trying to attack her, I moved quickly in order to warn her but stopped in the middle when I saw something unexpected, the lady I don't know how but with the help of the hand fan she elegantly and without any hesitation or any mistake dodged the move and turned it so swiftly that I thought I missed it for a second and after that punched him with her fan. I was impressed my eyes shining brightly like a little kid.

          "Want to learn all of it?" I heard someone from behind me and without looking I could tell who it was because I had known he was here before he asked his question. I was so curios and my interests were so aroused that I turned around beaming and excitedly gave a positive answer "Yes!" squealing with delight.

         And that's how I learned kung fu, Karate and Wudang martial arts. Everyday felt exciting, he also taught me how to use small stones disguised in necklace and aim perfectly along with that he also taught me how to use hand fan and look elegant as well as badass and the last one was to use ribbon wand to attack people and stay safe. I know these things are used to decorate people or either used in dances but in the world of Mr. Sylvester these things can be used for anything and I think in his eyes everything on this earth can be used to attack and kill people.

         He took me to different places because learning Karate and Kung fu needed sheer practice and a peace of mind. He took me to various temples and he also asked some of the monks to demonstrate their moves and help teach me. They taught me how to use sword too and as I already knew it, it was rather easy but their style was a little different. Still for quite a long time I couldn't understand the meaning of the various poses and the monks were kind enough to tell me their meaning along with that they taught me how to use it. I was really impressed with all the knowledge I gained from them as I learned that all the poses and moves which I thought were weird and funny actually has deep meaning to it.

         Mr. Sylvester also took me to Great Wall of China and made me run without any breaks while fighting and attacking me in between but I faced him head on, his tactics of attacking me out of nowhere and anytime continued. I would even jump of the wall or like crawl on them whenever it is needed to proof him that I'm improving.

          It was so much fun there that I lost my count on time, the fear in me which was constantly nagging me that I couldn't do it, that I'm not strong enough or I'm pathetic slowly started fading into thin air and I found myself gaining my confidence back, gaining my self-respect back and the strange thing was when Mr. Sylvester took me to temples and whenever with my eyes closed I prayed for something there was always a small wish that I made along with it and that was for him. It feels really odd and astonishing that who is supposed to be my sworn enemy and for whom I should only wish death, I find myself doing the exact opposite. I was conflicting myself by praying for his good and hopefully for him to find someone who can save him from his miserable life and bring him at least a little bit of happiness and make him smile it's the least I think I can do for someone who is wasting his time and gaining absolutely nothing for teaching me so passionately.