I Love You...

Clarissa POV

When my eyes opened again, I was in the room which he gave me for temporary use when I was staying as a guest.

It was already dark outside so I must have been sleeping for a whole day. Blinking, I looked around the room to find him but he was nowhere. It saddened me but I can't hold it against him either.

Remembering his words... I couldn't help but feel sad and regretful.

I forced him...

He is forced to be with me and he really doesn't feel anything for me. I know I was ready to make him love me but maybe I shouldn't have...

Before I could complete my thoughts properly there was a clicking sound of the door knob and as I turned my head around the door opened and my eyes met his.

His purple eyes stared at me for a moment before he turned on the lights and walked in. Adjusting to the bright lights, a smile lit up my face when I noticed the tray of food and water in his hand.

My eyes glued on his as he walked around the bed and put the tray on the table beside. Without meeting my eyes, he helped me up without saying anything. My body went stiff while I looked at him surprised.

Fixing the pillow behind me he sat down on the bed before giving the tray to me. I looked at the fresh food which was more than the usual diet and looked at him again in question and puzzlement.

However, he simply ordered "Eat"

"Have you eaten?" I asked in return. I was not feeling well to eat. It must be because I haven't eaten for more than 20 hours.

He didn't say anything for a moment but then folded his arms around his chest and looked at me with authority before saying "I do not require to eat food all the time. My vampire side balances me out."

"Oh"

Then does that mean the breakfast, lunch and dinner he ate before was also because he felt forced?

My mood depleted more.

I also felt embarrassed for not taking his vampire side into account.

"But you..." he quietened and I looked up at him again "Next time do not stay hungry and sleep on time. You have to train." Although he added the last sentence but I could sense the worry.

I giggled but quickly covered it up with coughs and went on to say "Next time do not break your promise."

His expression was blank as always.

Silence once again leaked in through us and sighing internally, I began to eat slowly. I thought he would go away but he didn't. He sat there and accompanied me while I ate. After a while he got busy reading a book. I thought I was holding him back from his work so I tried to fasten up but he sharply threatened "If you eat quickly then I will have you write the full book that I'm reading." Looking at the thickness my mouth slowed down instantly.

After I finished, he took away the plate himself before I could even react and gave me some pills. I said I was fine and I was just tired but his response baffled me.

"I checked you and there were some weird symptoms. It was not simple exhaustion."

"What do you mean?" I asked dreading the answer.

"Did you feel any pain in your body or chest like a burning intensifying pain?"

Thinking back on it, it indeed felt like I was being tortured ruthlessly but it also felt familiar like I've felt it before.