Love or Game?

(The credits of the picture used above belongs to the creator. I am just using it because it's fucking irresistibly beautiful but if you have any problems please talk to me first.)

Clarissa POV

I thought he was only bluffing but the day really came when they were finally leaving.

I should be happy right?

But no. Although a part of me was happy to get rid of them but another part of me was reluctant because their absence meant no more fiancée drama.

My chest tightened in pain when I realized it.

"Sister-in-law..." Ethan called with a sad smile before taking my hand in his.

Smiling back, I ruffled his hair and consoled him "Don't be sad. You can always come visit us." This invitation was only for him as I glared at Livia.

She rolled her eyes and instead pestered Mr. Sylvester who stood still and looked over at us. I wanted to laugh at her efforts but I just focused my undivided attention on Ethan.

His eyes sparkled as he asked cutely like a little child "Really sis? You're so good to me" He swooned with happiness and I chuckled patting his head.

He looked so cute that I couldn't stop myself and ended up pinching his cheeks. He was a bit surprised but soon my hands were pulled away by Mr. Sylvester "That's enough. Now go" his words directed at Ethan who glared back before ignoring him.

I bit in my laughter as he started talking to me again cheerfully "Sis if you ever face any difficulties call me. This is my number" he extended a piece of paper but before I could take it Mr. Sylvester snatched it away from his hand and shredded it into innumerable pieces as I stood there stunned.

Ethan's glare hardened "You don't have to work so hard to get my attention. I know you're jealous that I'm only paying attention to sis and ignoring you." He said it in such seriousness that I couldn't decipher whether he was teasing him or was he actually serious. Keeping a hand on Mr. Sylvester's shoulder he stared in his eyes as if inviting him to a fight.

Mr. Sylvester was eventually done with him and the moment his eye color flickered Ethan quickly retracted back his arm and laughed anxiously before continuing in a defensive posture "You don't have to be so touched. I will contact sis through some other way. You don't need to be so jealous jeez. I know ladies get charmed by my handsome-" but before he could complete his banter Mr. Sylvester took a step forward and he immediately raised his hands in surrender.

I muffled my laughter behind my hand as Ethan continued teasing him and Mr. Sylvester looked visibly annoyed because of him.

"Ethan, I think that's enough for today." I advised chuckling and felt Mr. Sylvester's gaze on me which I avoided.

Ethan and I once again continued talking before I heard Livia's poisonous voice "Zeke if you ask me once then I will stay. You just have to throw her away and I will-"

"I do not wish to see your face" his eyes flashed darkly at her in hatred and disgust as he cut her off mid-sentence.

"Ever" his voice stern and his words final.

She was shaken and her eyes moistened with tears but she didn't let them fall and continued pestering him unaffected. However, he turned a deaf ear to her.

She was exhausted with her words and lastly she just said "Alright I'll be going now but call me whenever you need me. I will leave everything I'm doing to be with you." Her words affectionate with hope and love as she put her hand on his arm but he shrugged it away. She looked visibly hurt but didn't comment anything about it and kept her unwavering smile.