Truth or Dare?

Clarissa POV

     As soon as the next day rolled in, I rushed to meet Kaikane and Ailana. Swimming all day had cleared my mind and flared my positivity. I didn't return back to the tent and had stayed on the tree overnight just because I didn't want to see his repulsive face.

     I was a bit hesitant before entering the café but gathering up my courage I finally opened the door but the minute I stepped in I froze up at the entrance.

     My mouth dropped open as I looked at the baffling and shocking scene of my life. Kaikane and Ailana were laughing heartily but that wasn't a shock what was shocking was the shoulder on which Kaikane had kept his hand.

     Mr. Sylvester?!

     I couldn't move nor think as I looked at the friendly atmosphere.

     "Oh, Kasdeya!" Ailana shouted from across the room and I jumped up scared.

     My eyes looked away from Kaikane's hand that was on Mr. Sylvester's shoulder and closed my gaping mouth.

     "Eh...Yes!" I shrieked loudly in surprise.

     "Come here" she beckoned me and I nearly stopped walking when Kaikane finally turned to look at me. I thought he was going to look at me with hatred but he was beaming with a big smile. What is happening here?

     "Kasdeya!" he ran up to me as I backed away in defense but he instantly caught up to me and twirled me around in his arms.

     "Woah! Stop!"

     The minute he put me down I heard a voice "Kasdeya" I know that familiar cold, empty voice but I refused to look at him. Can someone please explain what is going on here and why is Mr. Sylvester here? And when he is here then why is there so much happiness? Wherever he goes, his brooding and dark aura consumes the light and laughs of people.

     "Kaikane I want to talk to you" I ignored him as I looked at Kaikane.

     "Yes?" he asked with his usual cheery self.

     "About yesterday..." I started fidgeting but he caught my hands and said in a reassuring manner "Forget what happened yesterday, let's focus on today." There were no signs of fakeness, he had genuinely forgiven me.

     My eyes almost teared up as I began "But I..."

     "Stop doting like a grandmother!" he complained as he eased the lines of my forehead.

     "You!" I gasped loudly at him.

     "Uh-oh" he remarked as he ran away from me while I followed suit and ran after him and that took no time for us to be like the way we were before.

     Even though I was curious to know what happened but I knew they were not going to tell me so I let it slide and enjoyed the moment.

     "Kasdeya your cousin is so intelligent!" Kaikane gaped as he again went to sit beside him keeping his hand on his shoulder and I narrowed my eyes at him. Few days before he told me to stay away from him and now he is the one who is sticking close to him. Why do I feel that Mr. Sylvester did something? I am sure he told them something but what and why is he so comfortable in the presence of a human he was so sick of until yesterday?

     "Whatever!" I dismissed it as I drank my coffee but I could feel his penetrating gaze burning holes on my face.

     "Let's go out" Ailana chirped.

     We all agreed considering Kaikane wanted to practice for his competition whereas I couldn't stand being near Mr. Sylvester.

     Ailana and Kaikane went surfing leaving me alone with him. I didn't look at him as I went for swimming a few minutes later but as I lashed out my anger and confusion at the ocean, I felt a strong presence around me, a presence that grabbed my attention instantly. I looked around but couldn't find anyone, dipping back into the water, this time I started searching thoroughly when I suddenly felt a touch on my hand. Looking closely, I figured it to be a hand as my eyes adjusted to the water and the touch grew on me. The hand went up from my palms to my arms and then to my shoulders, holding me tightly.