Chapter 21

Nina's POV

I walk faster to avoid that bodyguard.

"Nina...! Nina..!" Nopa shouts my name from nowhere.

"Tch!" I almost curse her and slow down. The butler catches me up quickly. He towers me so that I don't get collied with the passing people.

"Oh! Gosh. I thought I wouldn't be able to catch you." She pants as her palms gripping her knees.

"You just got married yesterday and what are you doing here now?" I ask.

"Oh! I'm here to take some day off." She says smiling.

"But who's this pillar?" She asks pointing that butler.

Pillar!? Well said.

He frowns slightly.

"It's a long story. I've so much to tell you." I say sighing.

"Look at her." I hear some girls whispering among them.

"Who's that bodyguard type man?" Another says.

"Did her new boyfriend heir a bodyguard for her?".

Everyone exclaims and exchanges glances.

" she's so lucky. I can't help but be jealous. "

They leave as the bell rings.

***

Ana's staring at me angrily.

I lower my gaze and aunt sighs.

"Ana, she's a victim too." Aunt says and Ana looks away.

"Isn't this ridiculous? They were there for me and they ended up choosing her." Ana smirks.

"*Sigh* Me and your uncle is also at our wit's end. Speaking of which you and Adam were supposed to be get married. But...." Aunt stops.

"But...? Why don't you confront? Why didn't you say anything?" I ask.

"That woman will do whatever she said by hook or by crook." Aunt says.

"It's really ridiculous. Even you're telling me to get married to the unknown son of that woman? Just because they have powers?" I ask.

"I'm leaving..." Ana says.

"Where are you going?" Aunt asks and stops Ana from standing.

"How are you asking where I'm going? You shouldn't have asked me that!" She jerked her hand away and leave the restaurant.

I sigh and cover my face.

"Don't worry. She'll get over soon" Aunt says assuring me.

"Even uncle has agreed?" I ask, a painful expression on my face.

"This is really important for our business. We wanted to make a friendly relation among us by that wedding. But,they chooses you over Ana. Don't disagree for the sake of your father's business." She says.

"Business, you say?" I ask.

"Yes... Our business will flop if you don't marry that guy." She says.

"What's it again?" I'm really confused.

"I called that woman today. She said tat she would cancel all the business deal if we didn't let this wedding take place. Even she wouldn't mind to play dirty. She would take over the company." She says.

"That old woman.... I'll talk to her face to face." I grit my teeth and stand up. Aunt holds my hand.

"She told me not to tell you these. She said she wouldn't let me go if I do so. For the sake of Adam's future, Nina , please agree." My aunt says taking my hands in her palms.