Chapter Two Past Midnight

Changes- XXXTENTACION

"That girl I fought?" I ask with narrow eyes. We were at the gangs meeting place for when things happen. For when we need to discuss important matters. I told Braxton I'd be back soon and to watch Nadia while I'm gone. He's the one I trust with her. I think he's the only one I trust with her.

"That's the one." Aiden says. Seven of us sat at a round table. There was me, Aiden to my right, David next to him, then Rocco, then Archer, then Eddie, and finally Dallas to my left. Once upon a time Leo sat where David is now, but Leo isn't here anymore. With my chin tilted up and my head straight, I look to Dallas as he stares at his fisted hands.

     "Your girl?" I ask and he doesn't look up. All he does is nod.

     "She's a hard one to control." David says and everyone nods and mumbles in agreement. Dallas says nothing. He leans back in his seat but continues staring at his hands. I look forward.

"She's smart though." Rocco says. "She knows better than to do anything stupid." Eddie raises his eyebrows.

"That's funny. If she was smart, she wouldn't have broken into the gangs house in the first place." Eddie says.

"And all of our people would have died." Archer says. "So maybe it was a good thing she was there."

"But what if she didn't know about the bomb?" Dallas asks. "She would have died in there too. Probably along with my stupid, clueless sister." I look to David but he raises his arms and looks down.

"Dallas' girl saved my life." David says. "Other than that, I have nothing else to say." I nod and look around the table again.

     "What are we going to do about Dallas' girl?" Aiden asks and Dallas' head snaps up as I raise an eyebrow at Aiden.

     "I didn't know there was anything to do." I lean back.

     "Because there isn't." Dallas growls sending a cold glare to Aiden. Aiden just rolls his eyes and looks toward me.

     "She knows about us."

"She saved my life." David says. "We can't just up and kill her."

"She knows about us." Aiden repeats slower.

     "So do a lot of other people." Archer says. "What are you getting at?"

     "She's also Dallas' girl." Aiden says looking around at all of them. "She's with a member of the gang and no one can control her. She's wild, reckless, carefree."

     "I'm starting to like this girl more and more." I smirk and Aiden sends me a glare making my smirk fall and my face go hard. He immediately looks away.

     "What's stopping you know who from just taking her and learning our weaknesses."

     "I am." Dallas growls.

     "So am I." Rocco says. "And Eddie and Archer."

     "Oh yeah? Where is she right now? At this moment?" Aiden asks.

     "Sleeping." Dallas says. "She took a long shower cleaning herself from all the dirt and dust and she laid in bed because she was tired. I slipped something in her water just in case. She needs the rest."

     "You slipped something in her drink?" Archer asks and Dallas looks to him.

     "I couldn't risk her running off and doing something even stupider." Dallas says as if it was obvious.