Chapter Sixty-Eight Is It Finally Over?

2002- Anne-Marie

"I just saw Selene a couple weeks ago. You don't know about this because I didn't want anyone to know but Dallas was there and so were his friends. She was fine. Going a little crazy but she was fine."

"She's gone, Blake. Alex saw it happen and there were other witnesses too."

"They have Ryder and Selene now." I shake my head. "What are they playing at? Ryder was Jay's. Selene was Jay's murderer. Is that all or will there be more?"

"There's no way to know Blake. But you were there once just like Ryder. What if they come after you next?"

"They won't get me with out a fight."

"Yeah. Because that will work out great in the shape you're in."

"Do not mock me Felix." I growl out staring to the wall.

"I'm just saying you can not fight them alone."

"You do not get to tell me what I can and cannot do."

"Really? Says the girl laying in a hospital bed right now." I roll my eyes and shake my head still staring at the wall.

"Sometimes I hate you, you know." I mutter still shaking my head angrily.

"I know. I could say the same thing about you. Things will never be the same again will they?" Felix asks.

"I don't think so. Not like this. Nothing is ever the same the first time around."

"Especially love." I hesitate thinking of what he means by that but I couldn't think of anything that fit right. Love is a tricky subject all by itself.

    "Right." I mutter not wanting to have this conversation any longer. I honestly didn't even know if I wanted him to be here any longer either. He always seems to get in my nerves and as of now I couldn't look him in the eyes anymore. I don't tho k he's notice yet, but I've tried to and I just can't. I don't know why I can't, it's like my eyes just wont let me. Like my mind won't let me. Or maybe I'm just not trying hard enough to. I honestly have no clue. "Are you leaving anytime soon?" I ask not too anxiously. I didn't know what I wanted anymore. I thought I knew everything but I don't.

"Do you want me to leave, Blake? Because I will if you do. So do you? Tell me if you want me to leave or not."

"You won't get close to me. You won't touch me anymore."

"Yeah and you won't look at me anymore." I hesitate. "What? Did you think I wouldn't notice? You haven't made eye contact once with me for the past half hour. I'm not stupid, I do notice things."

     "Yeah. When you want to sure."

     "What's that supposed to mean? Huh?" I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

     "Nothing."

     "Now that can't be true. Everything you say means something so tell me. What does that mean? Huh Blake?" I do my best to stay quiet but I felt the familiar itch in my throat wanting me to snap at him. "Come on now Blake. You go silent now when I ask you a question? Now that doesn't sound right."

     "It means you only notice things when you want to." I snap. "You didn't notice when I was first going mad. You didn't notice that I was hurting even before I was at Jay's. And you especially didn't notice when I was pregnant with Nadia."

     "You never told me anything about that so how in the world was I supposed to figure it out? Read your mind? Sorry but I can't do that Blake. If you wanted me to know sooner about Nadia, you should have told me it you didn't so me not knowing is not my fault."