Chapter Thirty-Three Where The World Ends

Remind me to Forget- Kygo

     "Boom." I say laying down two aces as he rolls his eyes and puts his cards down revealing a seven and a two. He just has really bad luck. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. The big man rolls up his sleeve and hold spit his arm as he flexes his hand and watches me twirl the knife in my hand. We were playing with chips or money. We were playing with knives. The fun version. I find a spot on his upper arm and I drag the knife across making a quick and small gash.

"You must not play poker much." I say setting the knife in between us on the floor. "You haven't beat me once."

"That's because I'm going easy on you." Big man says and I raise on eyebrow. "What can I say? You put up a good fight. I didn't want to hurt your feelings by beating you in poker also." He grabs the cards and begins shuffling them again.

"Oh, so what you're saying is you think you won that fight? Well, I'm sorry to break it to you, but that's not how I remember it going down." It was a long fight and he threw powerful punches but I had to be strong and smart. He was slow because of how big he is and so I was faster. That was my advantage. His was he could just pick me up and throw me across the room. That happened a couple of times so I would know. The fight was loud and gruesome so it made me wonder why the boys Leon and Felix didn't come in here to stop it. Especially when the fight stopped.

Wouldn't they think I was dead or something? They've seemed to care so far about me so why wouldn't they care about me now? Hmm, maybe they think I'm dead, oh well. Now I have another advantage. If they think I'm dead, I can sneak out of here. We busted a window when I dodged his punch and his slammed his fist through it. The look he gave me after that, I thought I was a dead girl walking. Hell, I probably still am.

"Then you must have a concussion. Those can be serious you know." He says bring me back and I smile.

"I've had worse, but I still don't think you won that fight. If anything, it was a tie." At the end we were both breathless and just crouched down waiting for the other to attack. When neither of us did, we laid down and regained our strength.

"A tie?" He booms slamming his hands down on his thighs as he tilts his head back and laughs. "I've never tied in a fight before sweetie and I didn't tie today."

"Awe, sweetie? I knew you'd start to like me soon. I'm just one of those people you know?" I shrug and smirk as he shakes his head and rolls his eyes passing him and me two cards. I pick mine up and look down at them. A king and a two. Well I think my luck has just run out. This won't be pretty. I put my game face on and look up at him to see him already looking at me.

"When you get a bad card you get this look on your face. It's only for a split second but if you're watching you can see it." Big man says and I lean forward.

"Then take a picture. People say they last longer." He chuckles as I lean back and he looks to the knife in my hand after he lays down his cards. Two queens. I sigh, putting my cards down as he puts his hand out waiting for me to give him the knife. I wanted to hold back but I knew it wording be far so I handed it over and stuck out my arm as I stare him down but he was just smiling. He twirled the knife in his hand and grabbed my arm yanking it toward him causing me to grunt and glare at him harder. "Payback is a bitch."

"You are a bitch." I mutter under my breath but I think he heard me because his smile widened as he laid the knife on my arm by my elbow. Or maybe he didn't hear me, maybe he's just crazy I didn't have time to think about it as he slid the knife across my arm so deep making blood immediately begin pouring out. I groan and shake my head. "You went too deep."