Chapter Sixty-Four Raising Hell

Side Effects- The Chainsmokers

(Felix's POV)

I catch up to Blake, reaching her and gripping her shirt tightly. Once I had the grip on her I wasn't going to let go. No matter what. I pull Blake to me holding her in my arms and looking down at her face as the current threw us around. Her eyes were closed, and she looked so peaceful. She wasn't tense, she wasn't angry, and she wasn't even confused or awkward. She looked relieved of everything. Of pain and of sorrow. Grief. Of depression.i didn't want her to wake up to the misery of the world, but I did want her to wake up.

I don't know what I would do if she didn't live. If she didn't wake up again. Water hits me in the face going in my mouth but I spit it out and shake my head. "Don't let her go Felix." Aiden says.

"No shit." I spit out as the current of the water carries us the same way. When would this thing come to an end? "We have to get out of this Aiden. Now."

"If we get out now the bounty hunters will catch us Felix."

"You think I don't know that? Her skin is ice cold, and she's not moving. I feel a pulse, so somehow she's not dead."

"After everything she's still alive?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes. This is Blake after all. She can survive anything. Even this but we have to get her out of here Aiden."

"And when we do? What then? Get surrounded by the bounty hunters? Then it would all be for nothing."

"We can fight them off."

"Hundreds against two? Yeah. Those odds sound great."

"Aiden we have to. We don't have a choice. Do you want her to live or not?"

"Of course I want her to live. She's the best boss. She's the best person. No one can replace her and with out her we will all be lost and mayhem will break loose so she needs to survive this. But we can't force her to live, especially if she doesn't want to anymore." Aiden says and so look at him.

"Do What are we going to do? Follow this till it ends? It's never ending! We need to get her help now before it's too late. We need to get her help so she can live."

"I get that. I do, but there's nothing else we can do. We won't survive if we get out now and face all those bounty hunters. Blake won't survive if we do."

"What if I cover you?" I ask looking to him as water smacks me in the face again getting in my eyes. Aiden looks to me also water doing the same thing to him.

"What?" He asks spitting out water.

"You carry her away, and I stay and cover you. It could work."

"Leave you against all of them?" He shakes his head. "Blake would never forgive me." I take a deep breath and look down at her.

"She doesn't care about me anymore. I've hurt her too many times. She needs her people and she needs you. She doesn't need me anymore. Besides that's only if I die and I didn't come here to die. So are you with me or not?" I ask looking to him.

     "I'm with you. You're a good man Felix." I roll my eyes.

     "Don't say that. I'm bad and everyone knows it."

     "That's just the side you show the world. That's not the real you." I shake my head and hold Blake tightly.

     "You don't know the real me. Now come on. We gotta get out of here now." Aiden reaches the ground grabbing a rock that was sticking out as he pulled himself out of the creek. I wrap one arm around Blake before reaching for a rock near me and I pull her and me up and out of the creek, laying her on the ground. I shiver from sudden coldness as I push myself to my feet and Aiden goes to and picked up Blake.