Chapter Twenty-Five Falling Into Place

See You Again- Carrie Underwood

(Leon's POV)

I wait outside the apartment as I see Felix walking toward me. He's still here? Alone? I narrow my eyes leaning forward seeing he was covered in blood. Oh no. He did something terrible. I look toward the building expecting to hear something soon but it was quiet. Too quiet. Something was wrong and the situation we were in before didn't make this any better. I stand from my bike and head towards Felix as he spots me and stands straighter. "What did you do?" I ask without hesitation. He looks down at the blood on his hands before looking back to me.

"What do you think I did?"

"With the way you are right now. You could have done anything." He shrugs walking past me.

"You shouldn't have done what you did."

"What is it you think I've done?" I walk a foot behind him off to his side.

"You snuck Blake into my building. What was your plan? I have no idea. I don't know what you were trying to accomplish but you failed. When you're up against me little brother, you will always fail."

"Once upon a time I would have believed you." Felix stops and turns to face me. "But I'm older now. I'm more experienced. I know age had nothing to do with the battles you win or lose. It's confidence and it's hope."

"You have hope? Hope for what? A better me? A better life? Neither one of those are coming. Especially when the news about what I've done comes around. After this. You're either with me or you're against me."

"What have you done?" I ask but he doesn't answer as a smile spreads across his face. "Felix, what have you done?" I ask again more urgently.

"You'll find out soon enough." Felix responds but then steps toward me and hovers over me even though he was only a few inches taller. "Just know little brother. If you're with me, we're family. If you're against me, we're not brothers anymore. If your against me, you're against the Russian mafia, and I won't be sorry if you end up dead because if you're against all of us. You're fighting a battle you won't be able to win. There's thousands of people who have my back. Who has yours? Blake?" His smile widens.

"Not after this." He shakes his head. "After this, everyone involved with me with be dead to her, if she can survive the pain of course. If she can't, she'll be dead before the night is even over." His eyes go up and I turn around looking up to a window with lights on. It was the only window in the Italian mafia building with lights on. Who knows how strong she is, but I don't think she's stronger than this. She'll be dead by the end of tonight. One way or any other anyway. If she's not dead her mind with me. Her kindness.

"Everything that makes her a good person, all of that will die and she'll become like me." Felix slaps my shoulder making me look at him. "Then it will be too late for you to save her. Just as it is for you to save me." I see something flash in his eyes that makes me narrow mine. It was sorrow. Pain. Hurt. Fear. It all flashed in his eyes and that's when I remembered what Blake said.

"You're brother is crazy, Leon. He always has been. Now he's just even crazier. I'm sorry but I don't know what to tell you. He's insane. That's all. There's no saving him anymore." I don't meet his eyes as he stops moving. I knew what look he was giving me anyway. Why would I want to see it? He knew I was serious because the tone I said it in, told him I believed it.

"So you're just saying he's crazy? You're giving up on everything else and you're saying he's crazy?"

"There's nothing else, Leon." I say looking up to him. "There is nothing else I can do nor you. He's crazy. He's lost his mind. There no getting the real Felix back anymore. He's too far gone now. We're never getting him back. You're never getting him back."