Chapter Nine How A Fighter Survivies

I Took A Pill In Ibiza- Mike Posner

     "I want to meet this Rex." I say to Rocco as he gives me a look.

"Why?" 

"She saved all my people from a building that was going to explode." I state before shrugging. "I think I have the right to meet Dallas's girl again." Rocco hesitates and looks around the empty hallway.

     "Rex is going through a rough time." Rocco says slowly. "I don't know if you talking to her now is the best thing."

     "Why not?" I ask suspiciously, eyeing him as he stands up straight.

"I just-" he shake his head. "I- I'll tell Dallas." He nods and I nod back before walking back into my room and closing the door behind me. I have suspicions about this Rex and if Rex is who I think she is, we have a lot to talk about, and I have a lot to apologize for. I have things to explain. Things such as why I left her with Jay. Why I couldn't stay. I have to explain what happened to me up there when she was below me. I have to explain everything that happened and hope she forgives me. I have to explain hot I got free, and why she stayed chained up.

     Never again will it happen. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't leave her. I'd take her and run. She didn't deserve to be there. The thing is, I did, and I got out. I shake my head and let out a breath before looking at my walkie talkie that sat on my counter. Jinx hid it before she left the other day and I found it easily. She's not very good at hiding things, or maybe I'm just good at finding things. Who knows? I stare at the walkie talkie debating it. I didn't know what to do.

     I start toward it when a knock on my door sounds. I go and open it seeing Alex. "He's stable." He says. "He's breathing and the doctor says he thinks he's going to be okay." I narrow my eyes.

     "He thinks?" I ask. "Or he knows?" Alex sighs and looks away.

     "He said you can go down and see him if you want. Where's Nadia? Do you want me to watch her for you?" He looks back toward me but into my apartment looking around. I shake my head and step out.

     "It's three in the morning." I state closing the door behind me.

"Really? Already?" He asks and I was about to nod before I realize he was being sarcastic and I just give him a look as he smirks. "You treat me like I'm five."

"Wait. You're not five?" I ask seriously and he gives me a look before looking away as I hold off a smirk.

"Do you want me to watch her or not?"

"She's sleeping and I don't think she'll be awake for a while. You don't have to watch her."

     "No, but you'll feel better if I do." He says. "I'll wait out side the door. If I hear anything, I'll go in and check, but otherwise I'm right here. How's that?" I nod and walk past him to the end of the hall. I wanted to thank him but I forced myself not to, I forced myself to keep walking. He's doing his job. It's his job to protect me and protect everyone here. He's just doing his job. "You're welcome!" He calls when I get to the end of the stairs. I smirk before looking over my shoulder.

     "If she wakes up that's on you." I say before turning around again and walking into the elevator. I press the third floor button and I stare Alex down as he crosses his arms and leans against the wall by my door. My smirk grows when he glances toward me and begins to shake his head as the doors close. As soon as they close though, my smirk falls from my face. I bare the pain so they don't have to. How many times am I going to have to bare the pain of others? How much more can I afford to take before I fall?