Chapter Fifty-Five A Disease That Kills

This Feeling- The Chainsmokers

I watch as Felix rolls out from under the bed while I cross my arms over my chest and tap my foot. "Hello Blake." He says slyly while trying to look casual.

     "Hi Felix." I give a small wave before putting my hand back in the hard cross. "What are you doing under Dallas's bed? Second-" I narrow my eyes and look to Dallas. "Why didn't you tell me?"

     "He told me not to." Dallas says, pointing over to Felix while Felix lazily turns his head and looks to Dallas.

     "Really dude?" He asks. "I thought you were better that that. I was actually starting to like you too but no. Nope. Not anymore." Dallas rolls his eyes as Felix looks to me as if he forgot I was standing there listening to every word. "Oh. Right. I'm here because I wanted to talk to him." He nods to Dallas.

     "Really? About what?" I ask.

     "Boy talk." Felix quickly says and I raise an eyebrow.

     "Boy talk?" Felix nods.

     "Yeah. Boy talk." I turn my eyes to look at Dallas whole he looks back and forth between Felix and I. Trying to decide who he fears more. He'd be stupid to choose Felix over me. Especially since he's my guy. I tap my finger on my arm waiting for his response as he eyes me wearily but then wearily looks to Felix and I shake my head. Boys are so stupid.

     "I- I guess it could technically be considered boy talk." Dallas says slowly still wearily looking between us.

     "And what was said while you were having this- um- 'boy talk'?"

     "It's called boy talk for a reason, Blake." Felix mutters under his breath in almost an annoyed tone.

     "Hmm. So is this boy talk like girl talk but with boys?"

     "Obviously. That's why it's called boy talk." I roll my eyes.

     "Except no one says boy talk." Dallas coughs bringing our attention back to him. I was forgetting he was here anyway so I needed the reminder. I was forgetting why I came here too. I had a reason. I have reasons for everything and I plan everything but like everyone says nothing goes as planned. Just like I didn't plan to have a discussion on boy talk. I roll my eyes.

     "What do they call it then?" Felix asks.

     "Anything but boy talk."

     "Girl talk?" I ask and Dallas narrows his eyes looking at me.

     "No. It's not called that either." He says as Felix's coughs thing not to laugh.

     "Okay. So, um, you have this boy talk a lot then do you?" I ask with a slight smirk on my face as he looks to me. His eyes seemed confused as to why we were doing this but I didn't know. This conversation just took an interesting turn and I wasn't going to stop it. I was just going to let it play out with a few comments here and there.

     "What? No. And it's not boy talk."

      "He's starting to sound defensive isn't he?" Felix asks and I cover my mouth trying to hide a chuckle.

     "Oh so you both are teaming up on me now? Huh?" Dallas asks looking between us before his eyes stop on mine. "Et tu, Blake?" I laugh into my hand and shake my head. He was pulling out the Julius Caesar card and that one never gets old. Unless it's in a very serious situation. Then it's annoying. And bad. I run my hand through my hair and take in a deep breath.

     "So should I leave so you can continue your boy talk?" I ask, pointing to the door behind me as I remember the beginning of the conversation and back up toward the door. Felix shakes his head.