Chapter Nineteen Beautiful Beast

What You Back- 5 seconds of summer

"We were being attack. After a lot of trouble that we don't need to talk about, I got to the armory and gave my people weapons and ammo. We started fighting back pushing them out but the Russian mafia came in behind them and the gang started coming back our way. So we went back into the room and took cover as they filled into the room also. Their leader, Dane stepped forward, said he wanted to talk. I was going to listen but then one of his people shot one of my people.

     "I watched him fall. I watched him die." I stop talking and I look down at my knees as a breeze blew my air.

     "What happened after that?"

    "I lost it. The demon, it came out and I just lost control. I went over to Dane and I beat him. He wouldn't fight back, he wouldn't hit me back and that made me angrier so I kept punching and punching. My people, they knew what was happening, they were all disappointed in me I knew it, but none of them stopped me." I sigh. "They all knew better than to stop me after last time."

     "What happened to him? Dane? Did you kill him?" I lean forward putting my elbows on my knees and rub my forehead with my hand, taking in a deep breath.

    "No. I didn't kill him. Something in me told me to. It told me to not stop until he wasn't breathing anymore, and I got this urge. The urge to kill. It was so strong. It was controlling me, turning me, but I fought that urge. And I stoped with my fist shaking with every breath I took and I stared down at him. His eyes were closed but he was still breathing. I had just knocked him out."

     "What did you do with him?"

     "Everyone was staring at me with shock and horror. With disappointment. I knew what all of them were thinking. I even heard someone say it. They said 'Comandante dell'Inferno Fuoco she's back'. My people were calling me that. The whispers went all around the room and I couldn't deny it because it was true. Comandante dell'Inferno Fuoco is back. I can't control her anymore. I fear that if something else happens, if something makes me snap, I won't be able to control her anymore. She'll be free."

     "Blake." She says calmly. "What did you do with that man?" I sigh and squeeze my eyes closed feeling tears roll down my cheeks. I was scared. Scared of me.

"I told his people to leave, and they did as did the Russian mafia. They didn't even fight us. They, they fought with us. They left first and then the other gang did. I didn't let them take Dane. I told my people to take him to lock up and that's where he is still."

"There's nothing wrong with that. How long are you going to keep him there?"

"How long does he deserve to be there?" I ask. She sighs.

"You're there not me, you experienced everything. Only you know."

"I don't know right now." I say. "My mind isn't in the right place to make decisions like this right now."

"Get your mind in the right place then." She says. "Take a day off. Spend it with friends of by yourself. Clear your head and then when you feel ready, do what you think must be done." I nod and lean back against the bench. I knew she was right.

"Okay. How's Selene doing?"

"She's fine as far as I know. She's still the same Selene. She's scared though. Scared to trust. Scared to love."

"She's not the only one." I mumble more to myself than to her.

"But she's strong. And she's going to be okay. Just like you. Take my advice and clear your mind." I nod wiping my cheeks and hating myself for crying. Crying was weak. Weak was death.