Chapter Seventy-Four I'm Not The Same Girl

Familiar- Liam Payne

I felt dead. Worse than what I felt when I was actually dying so I laid in the road watching the sun fall and the moon along with night stars come up rising in the suns place. Cars passed by swerved to miss me, some were nice enough to stop but when they touched me I would freak out and attack them. I think I even bit one of them. Whatever. Who cares. Everything that happened with Brice kept replaying through my head and I tried to force it away but it would always come back. It was on repeat.

     I wanted to go to a bar and drink everything away but I knew there was no possible way I could make it to one. Or maybe I could and I was just too scared to move to do so. Everything seemed to freeze when everything went down and I was scared to make it go again. I wanted it to go again because I wanted to move on from this but moving on was harder than anything else imaginable. You don't know if you can move on is the thing and if you can't then there's nothing you can do.

     Except maybe just let time pace you by. I see Brice get shot again. One. Two. Three. And then four. Five. I shake my head. I can't see it again. I just can't watch it happen all over again. He's dead because of me. I push myself up into a sitting position looking at all the trees in front of me. So many beautiful trees. I used to thing everything in this world was so beautiful and unique but now when I see green I think of money. When I see brown I think of dirt and when I see red. I think of blood.

     Nothing in this world is unique. Nothing in this world is beautiful. Everything is red. Evil. Bad. Bloodthirsty. I hear a car engine and I look seeing headlights heading toward me. I recognized the car before it even came to a stop inches away from me. It was a Russian model car. The kind Felix's people use. I kept staring at the headlights though even though they made my eyes burn. For some reason I couldn't look away even when I heard a car door open and close. I knew who it was anyway, why should I look?

     A hand touches my arm and I immediately pull it away as I keep staring into the headlights. Why couldn't they run me over? Why'd they have to stop? "Blake. It's me." He says and I let my eyes look to him. He wore a grey shirt and dark blue jeans. His skin was tan and clear and his tattoos were showing on his arms and his neck. His hair was brushed and laid down nice while eyes green eyes were clear and stare into mine. He looked sorry as if he knew what I was going through and he felt bad for me.

     Aiden must've called him and told him about what happened but that's not what I was concerned about. He was clean, not a single smudge of dirt on him and then here I was cover in blood and dirt. I look down at my arms. The blood and dirt was dried to my clothes and arms now. In the ends of my hair too. If you didn't already know you'd think I was the one who was hurt but I wasn't. No one was hurt they were killed. Brice was killed because of me. If I could go back in time I would change that. I would be dead. Not him.

      "Come on, Blake." Felix holds out his hand for me to take like he was asking for permission. Then when I don't take his hand he reaches for mine but I pull it to my chest and scoot back away from him. "Blake what's wrong?"

     "You're clean." Was all I could say and I said it like it was obvious. I shake my head and push myself up to stand. I raise my hand and look down to them seeing the dried blood on my arms. The headlights really made it stand out. I wondered what the people in the car thought. I watch as Felix stand and his eyes keep mine locked.

     "It doesn't matter. Come on. Let me get you home." He says and I shake my head steeping back again.

     "Home? No. No I can't go back there again." I say. My voice sounded almost like it was emotionless or too shocked to let my tone sound how I was really feeling. Hell. I don't even know how I was really feeling.