14.

HwangJinnie

Message from:
Yang Jeongin
Answer me as soon as you get this. I have something to tell you.

1: 41 PM Monday

Message To:
Yang Jeongin
I'm currently home now. If you want to talk let's get lunch. I'm starving.

2: 42 PM Tuesday

Message from:
Yang Jeongin
I'm so glad you finally answered. I practically stayed up all night waiting for you to reply. I'll come by in 20 minutes to pick you up.

2: 50 PM Tuesday

Message To:
Yang Jeongin
See you soon.

2: 51 PM Tuesday

~

~

Hyunjin took a quick shower after getting back home an hour ago from Jeju Island. Hyunjin felt exhausted and hungry, the shower helping his tiredness slightly. He checked around the house to see Changbin not in his room and grocery uniform in his closet. He figured he went out with Felix.

Hyunjin takes a seat on the couch and waits for Jeongin to arrive. The boy leans his head back and decides to close his eyes for a small rest. It only took ten seconds for the boy to fall asleep, soft snores filling up the room.

~

~

"Hyujin-ah! Wake up!"

"Why? What happened?" Hyunjin sits up, awake and startled.

"You fell asleep on the couch that's what happened." Changbin explains to him, being home for five minutes now.

"What time is it?" Hyunjin gets up from the couch to ask.

"It's 5:15. Why?" Changbin asks him.

"Did Jeongin ever come by?" Hyunjin asks, grabbing his phone out of his pocket to see if the time was true.

"Oh? Hyunjin..." Changbin sighs out as he makes the younger sit down on the couch to sit next to him.

"Why are you giving me that look? You only give me that look when something really bad has happened!" Hyunjin tone rises due to the anxiousness building up.

"Jeongin was in a really bad car accident. Jisung called Felix about it when we were together. I don't know anything else about his condition since Feliz left without a word." Changbin explains to Hyunjin. The younger face showed horror, his hands shaking, and his mind trying to process the information.

"We have to go to the hospital." Hyunjin tone trembled as he got up from the couch to grab his jacket off the coat rack. Hyunjin turns back to look at Changbin staying still. "NOW!" He tells the older as he throws Changbin jacket at him to put on. Changbin quickly follows him out of their apartment.

~

~

"We managed to find the cause of internal bleeding and patch it up. He's suffer a minor concussion and is currently in a coma. We're hoping he'll wake up in a week before we further test for any more complications that we've overseen. You can go in now Mr. Han." Jisung took in all the information before bowing to his senior.

Jisung enters the hospital not liking the picture he was saying. Jeongin laying in the bed with his eyes close, skin pale, cuts on his face, and a stitched up wound on his forehead. He had tubes in his nose, borrowed air from a tank helping him breath better as he slept. A heart monitor showcasing the beating of his heart along with his other vital signs.

Jisung gets closer to the boy bedside to see his right hand bandaged, the doctor telling him earlier that it got sprained during the collision. He interlocks his fingers with the boy left hand as he pulled a chair over to sit in. Jisung closed his eyes and began praying to the god he believed in to heal Jeongin.

Someone knocks on the door, alerting Jisung to finish his prayer. He lifts his head up and answers whoever it is to come in. Felix enters the room with two coffees and cafeteria sandwiches. The door closes behind him as he stands still to take in the view of Jeongin condition. Jisung couldn't help it anymore, he finally let out his tears as he clung onto Jeongin hand.

Felix hears the loud cries to put down the items on the table before running over to Jisung. Felix gets on his knees to look up at Jisung (his head looking down) to cup his cheeks with his small hands. Jisung continues to cry as Felix brings the boy head into his shoulder to cry on. Jisung let's go of Jeongin hand to cling onto Felix, the younger held him.

"It's okay Jisung. Everything will be okay." Felix tells him in a soft tone.

The door to the room is heard being opened again. Jisung doesn't care and continues to cry but Felix turns his head to see who it was. It doesn't take long for Felix to notice the people their.

"Innie?" Hyunjin voice wavers as he's been holding back his tears. He approaches the boy right bedside to not disturb Jisung cries. Changbin walks with him to closely observe him.

"I don't understand. Why did this happen to him Binnie!" Hyunjin asks, his tears finally running down his cheeks. Changbin let's the younger collapse into his arms and cry into the crook of his neck as he held him.

Changbin and Felix meet eyes while comforting their friends, both giving each other sympathetic looks. Felix realized he was going to see Changbin serious adult side, but Changbin had no clue about that thought.

"Who would do this to him Felix? Why would somebody want to hurt him!" Jisung choked out through his strained sobs as his head fell back into Felix shoulder.

Who would do this to him?
Hyunjin letting the question become a repetition in his head. This car accident not seeming like an accident anymore.