Chapter 9

"No you didn't!" Jason shouted.

"Todd, I know what your thinking. No I wasn't planning on killing myself. The seat is actually broken but I thought I could just hold on instead of telling. When we got to the top I let go of the cat and decided to try and reach for it but I just ended letting the thing go too and I slipped out. Yes it's they're fault they didn't check but I also didn't say anything and I let go when I wasn't supposed to. Don't think I'm not blaming them cause I do. I was just saying." Damian explained

Jason sighed in relief, "worried there for a moment. But seriously! If you ever do that again, your in big trouble!"

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. Let's go." Damian says and starts to walk.

Jason stops the boy by standing right in front of him. "Damian Al Ghul Wayne, don't treat this like it's nothing. You were lucky to survive. You could've....you could've died..." Damian thought he heard some sadness in his voice. "Damian, you can't do that again, ok?" Jason ask

Damian nods ok.

Jason smiles and takes Damian's hand and started walking. Damian couldn't help but noticed how Jason changed his attitude towards him ever sense Jason saved him from dying in the cold and took him in. He seemed to care, it was a bit shocking. Damian felt like he was being treated as Jason's son.

"So kid, what do you wanna do now?" Jason ask

Damian looked around and pointed to a big ferris wheel.

"Oh there, alright let's go." Jason says and starts waking towards it. He grabs Damian's hand, like he would to a child, as they walked. When they went through crowds Jason put Damian in front and lead him through, holding his shoulders till they were out of crowds. Jason hasn't even noticed he was acting like a dad.

When they finally got there, they were immediately put on the ride sense there wasn't that much people ridding it. Jason and Damian got on together and sat down. Looking around as they slowly moved up.

Damian decided now would be a good time to ask. "Hey Todd..."

"Yeah kid?"

"I noticed you called me your son earlier." Damian begins.

"Oh you heard that? Sorry it slipped out. I don't even know why." Jason answers.

Damian was silent and a bit disappointed.

Jason sighs, "ok, i'm going to be honest here. Which is rare kid, I never speak about how I feel. So concerned yourself lucky and don't tell anyone I have a heart. Damian I never liked the way B treated you. There were times I just wanted to punch his 'perfect playboy' face because of the way he treated you. I wished I could've taken you away sooner. Anyways you get the point, I'm saying I want to get you away from him for good. I want to adopt you so your not without a parent. I want to be like a father so your not a kid without one. B was never a true father, I can be better. I want to be apart of your life, I want to be there to help, see you grow up better. I'm leaving the The choice up to you. If you don't wanna be adopted, I'm okay with that I guess. If it is a no then you can go back to B whenever....." he hesitantly says.

Damian was silent

"....I...."