Chapter No. 4

Sophia

The day started like all other regular days but didn't end like one. I woke up at 10, went to cafe for my shift, ogled Alaric with doting eyes, completed my shift and drove back to my apartment. Now after eating the take-out, I was sitting on the couch of my living room and waiting for my new roommate with sleepy eyes.

I have never lived with someone before. Hell, even my family was never around to invade my privacy. It would have been endurable if it was a girl but sadly, it wasn't. It was a man. Stupid men, they just invade your personal space with their dirty shoes and messy pizza boxes and create a havoc everywhere. I can compromise on anything except the cleanliness in my house so the only thing I can do is hope that my new roommate will be decent and organized.

The best part of the evening was that he wasn't even considerate enough to be on time while I had to take an early off from the cafe, just so I could politely show him around and help him settle in.

Men!

I wish all men were like Alaric, tender-hearted and considerate.

Why am I freaking out? It's just a roommate. 

Breathe Sophia, breathe! I know you hate change but you can get over it.

While I was fretting over this subject, someone thumped on the door aggressively and I jumped up in surprise. It was probably my new roommate who didn't have enough courtesy to ring the doorbell like a gentleman. Sighing, I braced myself to meet the person with whom I'll be sharing my sanctuary and flurried towards the door.

Once I opened it, my eyes nearly fell out of sockets as I gaped at the person standing in front of me. Fuck my life.

"Sophia Freaking Stone." he rejoiced as his eyes moved from my head to toe, dumbfounded look similar to mine coating his face.

"Noah Brown?" I asked with my mouth agape. "You are my new roommate? No way in hell."

Of all the men in the world, my roommate turned out to be none other than the only guy I slept with in my high-school.

The prom night flashed in front of my eyes. The night before prom, Andrew who was my date and my boyfriend back then broke up with me and I spent the whole prom wailing in grief. I remember getting drunk to oblivion and the next thing I know, I woke up next to school's biggest player Noah fucking Brown.

His ocean blue eyes were staring at me with a devious smirk plastered on his face and my hands itched to wipe it off. He knew what I was thinking and his sly expressions told me that he remembers that cursed night pretty well.

"Don't look at me like that." I snarled and crossed my arms in front of my chest in a defensive manner.

"Like what?" his smirk deepened as he put his luggage down on the floor and looked fixedly at me.

"Like you have seen me naked." I uttered in agitation. This son of a bitch looked even better than before, much to my exasperation. His face appeared more rugged and his physique more masculine. His hair that used to be light brown were now of chestnut shade, the color that reminded me of my favorite coffee.

"I don't know, have I?" he rested his back against the door-frame and raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"I'm serious Noah. Is it some kind of prank for our high-school reunion?" my voice was filled with uncertainty.

"God, stop being so paranoid Miss. Prom Queen." he rolled his eyes and walked past me, into the apartment, as if he owns it. "I am your new roommate for the next six months. Accept it or not." he said as put his muddy bag on my new rug and eyed the apartment in a calculating manner.