Chapter No. 30

Sophia

It has been a week since Alaric broke up with me, a week since I asked Noah to tell Emma how he feels about her and it was safe to say that this week has been an absolute torture on me.

Emma was in our apartment every night and she left no chance to rub their relationship in my face. I have no idea why she was acting like that when I never showed any clear interest in Noah. Why was she so threatened by me?

Well, watching them getting cozy with each other was not a treat and it made me nauseous so I spent most of my time outside the apartment. It was Sunday today and just like every other day, I left the house in the morning and returned in the evening so I won't have to watch their romance. I went to Tessa's house and spent the day with her.

When I entered through the door, darkness greeted me. I stepped inside and turned the lights on, only to find Noah sleeping on the couch.

Stepping towards him, I kneeled on the ground and observed him. He was hugging a cushion, his hair swept across his forehead. I extended my hand out and gently brushed the hair back. He looked so cute, almost like an angel and if I didn't know him, I would think he was the most innocent boy in the world.

Suppressing the urge to give him a small peck, I stood up to leave but suddenly, his hands wrapped around my wrist.

"Where were you?" he asked in a sleepy voice. I turned around to face him as he was rubbing his eyes.

"I had some work." I lied.

"Oh. We haven't spent any time together recently." he said. "I missed you, Stone." he rose up to sitting position.

"I missed you too, Brown." I smiled because I was too mentally exhausted to pass a sarcastic comment.

He smiled sheepishly in return and said, "Get ready."

"Why?"

"We are going to spend some quality time together." he shrugged.

"Your girlfriend won't like that." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me. He knew that I have noticed her odd behavior towards me but he knew better than to side with one of us.

"She is out of town. Besides, if she have any issue with my friends then she should learn how to deal with it." he said and I nodded.

"By the way, what should I wear? Where are we going?" I asked.

"Just wear whatever you like. You won't need it anyway." he said and passed me a devious smile. Before I could understand what he meant by that, he had already left for his room.

..........

"Just tell me where are we going?" I asked him for the millionth time but he still didn't say anything. I just groaned in return and leaned back in my seat.

He turned the car towards the posh area of our city, where most of the richest people lived. Each house was no less than a mansion and I knew this because we lived here until we had to move because mom insisted on moving closer to the beach.

"Where are we going?" I asked again and that's when he stopped in front of a familiar mansion.

"Is it Asher Reed's mansion?" I asked.

Asher Reed was Justin's Dad. Justin is my friend Emily's fiancé and Noah's best friend and his father was our former mayor so that explains why the Reeds were filthy rich.

"Yep. Have you ever been inside?" he asked and stepped out of the car.

"No." I said and followed him to the wall. He led me to the back side of the mansion where there was no security guard.