Chapter No. 48

Sophia

Hugging my knees, I was crying hard. Last time I cried this much, my dog Puchie had died. I know I was being stupid; there was no reason of crying this much but I couldn't stop, as if a dam has broken and now, stopping the water was almost impossible.

It had been almost half an hour since my breakdown and even the tears had dried by now.

In between the hiccups and whimpers, I heard a voice. Ignoring the voice, I kept sobbing, my knees wet with tears and my ass frozen because of the cold floor.

"Sophia," Someone called my name and I lifted my head to see the person.

It was a hallucination, of the person I missed the most. He was leaning aginst the doorframe, his tall built competing with the height of door, his face filled with pity and his gorgeous blue eyes slightly glassy.

Great. Now I am getting mad.

Ignoring his image, I hid my face back in between my knees and let out another hiccup.

"Sophia," he called my name again and this time, it felt so surreal. I lifted my head once again and realised that he wasn't just a memory, he was there in flesh.

"Noah," I mumbled and trying my best, lifted myself up from the floor; my eyes fixated on him.

I couldn't read his expressions and I didn't need to. Reaching him, I stopped whatever he was about to say and engulfed him in a tight hug.

I waited for him to hug me back but his posture felt stiff and hesitant. "I forgot my passport," he whispered.

I nodded, still in his embrace. "Don't go, don't ever leave me alone." My voice was filled with desperation.

His hands reached my waist and he slightly parted me from himself. "Give me a reason," he said, a storm running inside his blue eyes.

Fighting the tears once again accumulating in my eyes, I cupped his face gently and gave a light peck on his lips. He sighed in response and closed his eyes, leaning for more but I pulled away.

"I love you. Is that reason enough?" I said and his eyes widened. "I have never been in love before so it took me so long to realise." My voice sounded strange, even to my own ears.

"Wanna know a secret?" he asked and I nodded. "I didn't forget my passport." It was my eyes who widened this time. "I couldn't leave."

Saying this, he pulled me closer and then kissed me, a long kiss filled with all the emotions I have been looking in wrong men my whole life.

We slid down against the wall, but the floor didn't felt cold this time. His presence made me feel all kind of warm as he wrapped his hands around me and hid his face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you too, Stone," he whispered as I adjusted myself on his lap and rested my face on his shoulder.

..........

We have been lying on his bed for many hours now. My back was tired of lying lazily now but I couldn't leave the comfort of his arms around me. Surprisingly, we were still clothed. Neither of us tried to initiate anything because right now, all we wanted was to cuddle with each other.

"What will you do about your job?" I asked, lifting my head from his chest to stare into his eyes.

"I'll find something to do here," he said. "Don't worry about me, I have a good record."

"I feel bad for being the reason-" he cut me by placing his finger on my lips.

"No, we won't think about anything negative." he kissed my forehead.