Chapter No. 37

Noah

It has been one week since I slept with Sophia and every day has been a torture since then. Every time I see her, I imagine pulling her towards me and kissing the hell out of her. Everytime I was near her, all I could think was tearing the clothes off her heavenly body.

It never happened to me before. Everytime I am attracted to a girl, the attraction resolves once I have slept with her. Then why was she still on my mind every fucking second.

After cooking the dinner, I left some for her in the oven and took my plate to the bedroom. After eating the dinner alone, I lay down and scrolled my mobile screen.

After some time, I heard voices from outside. One of them belonged to Sophia and the other one was masculine. If it was another one of our hookups, then shit is about to go down. Bringing a guy in the apartment after sleeping with me was insensitive and rude.

With that thought in mind, I walked out of my room and peeked inside the living room. On the couch, Sophia was sitting, stress written on her face. On the other side, a man in his fifties was sitting, a serious expression on his face and his stiff posture told me that he was not one to mess with.

"You live here? In this hellhole?" The man looked around and an expression of condescension appeared on his face.

"Dad, its not that bad." Sophia said.

Dad?

In four years of high school, I never saw his Dad attend any parents teacher meeting or be there with her to support her cheerleading. He was a famous lawyer and was mostly out of city.

"I am disappointed Sophia. You left everything for this. I never thought my daughter could be this stupid." he said and Sophia just took a sigh.

I thought Sophia exaggerated whenever she talked about her Dad but boy I was wrong. This man looked ready to suck the soul out of someone, most probably his own daughter. Yeah, my Dad was uptight sometimes, Alicia's Dad was dangerously protective of his daughter, Justin's dad was a plain ass but Sophia's Dad... He literally looked like he drink blood in lunch.

"Your mother told me you have a boyfriend. What does he do?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at Sophia and her face paled suddenly.

"Um... Dad... Actually..."

"Don't tell me he already ran away. Of course he did." he said.

This was the last I could hear against her. I couldn't see the look of absolute horror on her face anymore so I stepped inside the living room and walked towards her in a confident pace.

"Hey baby," I leaned down and placed a small kiss on her cheeks. She flushed like a tomato and her mouth hang open. "Who is this man?"

"I am her father. Who are you?" he glared at me.

"Oh, hello sir." I walked towards him and extended my arm to shake his hand. "Noah Brown, Sophia's boyfriend." I said and behind me, Sophia let out a series of cough.

I seated myself beside Sophia and wrapped my arm around her waist. Her body was warm and soft, just as I remembered from that amazing night.

Now is not the time, Noah.

"What do you do for a living, young man?" he asked.

"I am a junior associate in Clayton Group, sir." I said and he assessed my face with his calculating gaze.

"And you never told her to think big? Are you happy with your girlfriend being a waitress?" His eyes zoomed in on my face.

I swallowed the saliva down my throat. "If she is happy, I am happy." I said and angled my neck to look at Sophia, who was staring at me with a faint smile on her face. "I am proud of her, no matter what she does."

"Then you are just as stupid as she is." he said and stood up, his jaw ticking in anger. "This is the last time I am asking you. Think about it."

He then walked out of the apartment. I turned to look at Sophia who had a defeated look on her face.

"Thanks." she said and zoomed her gaze on the ground. "Maybe he is right. Maybe I should go back to study law. There is nothing else for me."

The dejection in her voice saddened me and I scooted closer to her. "No, don't think that. Don't give up on your passion."

"But I don't have a passion." she said, hugging her knees. "I don't know what I want to do. I haven't figured it out in two years."

"Well, what is it that make you happy? That make your heart race faster?" I asked and she lifted her head to look at me.

"I like to clean." she said.

"Other than that." I sighed. She lowered her head, as if contemplating about it.

"I don't know. I am not that talented. I just like to shop and dress up in fancy outfits." she said.

"Then do that," I said.

"Do what?" she asked in confusion.

"You can be a personal stylist." I said and she shrugged.

"I don't know. I mean I don't even have a degree. Who would keep me as their stylist? Nobody other than a broke teenager." she said, the loss of hope clear in her voice.

"Then help them style up. You can create a YouTube channel where you can give styling tips to all those teenagers." I suggested.

"YouTube channel? No, I don't know how to do that. I don't know how to edit. Hell, I don't even have expensive clothes for it." she rejected the idea.

"Well, not everybody can afford expensive clothes. You have the best fashion sense. You can help people find decent yet cheap outfits." I added.

"And what's the guarantee anybody would actually watch my video?" she asked.

"That's a risk you will have to take." I replied. "Besides, I can help you in editing. I took a course after high school."

"Will you do that for me?" she asked.

My eyes once again darted to her plump lips, that were covered with pink lipstick. "Anything for you." I smiled.

..........

The next day was Sunday. After having breakfast, she took me to her room to select the outfits for her first video. She decided to make the first video about 10 trendy outfits that could be worn during casual house parties during high-school.

She opened her closet and my eyes widened in surprise. For someone who claims to be broke, she sure had a lot of clothes.

"How do you afford all these clothes?" I asked, staring at the huge array of pants, jeans, skirts, tops, blouses, short dresses and gown.

"Well, that's a secret I'll never tell." she said excitedly. I could see the happiness in her eyes whenever she touched her clothes and seeing her happy makes me happy too.

"This one is suitable for drunk teenage parties." she threw a black mini skirt towards me. "I'll pair it with this." The next thing she threw towards me was a red leather jacket, followed by a black crop top.

"The first outfit is ready." she said, assessing all three items.

"Nine more to go." I said, imagining her in red leather jacket and black mini skirt, without the crop top. The thought made me shift in my seat.

"Yes," she beamed and hopped towards the closet in excitement to find nine other outfits.

It took us almost two hours to decide 10 final outfits among thousands of clothing items in her closet.

But it was the easy part. The difficult part was video-making. I just hope that whatever happens, it makes her happy because seeing her sad makes me sad.

I'm screwed.

_________________________

So do you think this new project of NoPhia would be any good?