Chapter No. 12

Noah

After she left, I slumped on the couch and turned the TV on. With a romantic comedy playing on the background, I thought about this guy and how Sophia had a very high opinion of him.

For some reason, I was feeling bothered. The fact that she was out on a date and I was sitting here, watching a romantic comedy alone didn't feel good.

Am I jealous of Sophia for having someone who makes her feel funny in the stomach?

Do I not like being single anymore?

Bullshit. I love being able to get close to whomever I want, unlike someone in a relationship.

To prove this nagging feeling wrong, I searched through my contact list and called a girl that I met last week. Her name was Kara and she lived few blocks away. I asked her if she wanted to hang out at my place and hopefully, she was smart enough to figure out what hanging out at this time meant.

Almost twenty minutes had passed when someone tapped on the door. Combing my hair back with my fingers, I walked towards the door and opened it; Kara stood there on the other side of the door, tapping her feet on the floor impatiently.

"Hi," I said, assessing her outfit. Her curvy figure was wrapped in a short, black dress that resembled Sophia's and I couldn't help but compare their looks. Although both dresses were similar, Sophia looked much more classy and polished.

"Hi," she replied and entered inside.

I led her to the living room and we sat down on the couch side by side. My nose felt tingly when the sharp scent of cologne reached my nose. I angled my body to face her; she rubbed her hand along the length of my arm and a devious smirk made its way to her dark red lips.

"So did you miss me?" she asked and leaned towards me, her warm breath caressing the side of my face. Before I could reply, her lips clung to my jaw and she bit the skin, and not in a good way.

I would have taken control if it was not for Sophia's voice ringing in my ears.

'The best part is listening to your partner's like and dislikes.'

"Wait," I parted from her and her face contorted in confusion. "Tell me about you? Who are you? What do you like?"

Her brows furrowed at this and she questioned, "Oh, are you asking about role-play? Well, I am a sexy nurse and I like to be punished by you, doctor." Her voice sounded unusually and unnaturally seductive.

"No, not like that." I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs on the couch.

'The best part is when he lightly brushes your hair back.'

Nodding, I extended my hand out to brush her black hair back but instead, she jerked my hand away and gave me a harsh scowl.

"What are you doing Noah? It took me an hour to set my bangs." she grimaced at me and pulled out a comb from her handbag to set her hair again.

"Sorry." I apologized and pulled my hands back to my lap.

'The best part is when he leans towards you and whispers something in your ears.'

"Would you like to whisper something in my ears?" I asked and she gave me a weird look.

The next moment, she straddled me and snaked her arms around my neck, lowering my head down to her level. "What do you want me to whisper?" she murmured sensuously in my ears.

"Anything." I rested my head back on the headrest and waited for her to speak something.

In return, she inclined towards me and whispered a very graphic and disturbing detail of what she would like to do with me. At other times, it would have turned me on but right now, I just wished for a sweet date. Is that too much to ask?

Separating Kara from me, I lay her back to the couch and scooted away from her. "Can we do this some other time? I think I have a fever." I lied.

"Aww, poor baby." she pouted and attempted to massage my head. It took me half an hour to get rid of her and when she finally left, I groaned out loud.

..........

I was dozing off on the couch when the sound of door opening interrupted my peaceful sleep. Letting out a loud yawn, I stretched my arms over my head and lazily opened my eyes.

Sophia was supporting her back against the wall of the living room as she slipped out of her heels. She looked happy but I couldn't decipher if it was afterglow of their love-making or just pleasure of going out with her crush.

Who cares! Isn't it enough that she fed me this bullshit about the supposedly best part and ruined the night for me?

"Welcome back." I said teasingly and her eyes shifted to me.

She limped towards me as her feet looked really tortured by the heels. I wonder why girls wear them if they aren't comfortable enough.

Letting a deep, aggravated exhale, she flopped beside me and after few moments, I felt her head on my shoulder.

"He is so dreamy, Noah. It feels like I was Cinderella and he was my Prince Charming." she sighed dreamily and I scrunched my nose at the exaggeration.

"So did the Prince Charming deflower little Cinderella yet?" I inquired and she slapped my leg.

"No, we are taking things slow. He didn't even kiss me yet."

"Then why do you look so mesmerized? What if he is not a good kisser?" I pointed out the worst and turned my face towards my right where her head was resting. Her hair smelled like Vanilla ice-cream and it urged me to take a sniff.

"It's not possible. I mean with his passion and gentleness, I am sure his kisses could wake up cursed Ariel." she filled me in with the disturbing image.

It irritated me to my core that while I was busy dealing with that annoying girl, she was having the time of her life with the man of her dreams.

I want an Alaric too.

Wait what?

"By the way, isn't he a little too old for you?" I mentioned, expecting her to fume but she stayed contended. Did he drug her or something?

"He isn't that old. He will be 30 next month and I have dated men with greater age difference than this." she mentioned.

"Nice."

"You know what? He was married before and his wife died. He loved her so much that he has been going to the caf--- I mean, to the library of our firm every morning for two year, just to read her favorite books." she added.

"I get it. You liked his company." I said in a brusque manner and yawned again. I was so wearied right now and my mind was shutting down so it wasn't exactly the best moment to listen to all this.

"Like can't describe it, Brown." she uttered. Her skin felt comfortably warm against my cold skin.

"I don't get it. How come he didn't kiss you when you were fawning all over him?" It sounded unnatural to me.

"Because he isn't a horny teenager or in your case, a horny 23 years old. He is mature and respects women." she defended him as if she had been dating him for years.

"Well, good luck with your perfect man." I taunted sarcastically and then rested my head back on the couch. She scooted closer to me and her warmth enveloped me all over. After a moment, her harsh breathing changed into soft snores.

Carefully separating her head from my shoulder, I lay her back on the couch and covered her with a warm blanket. Her hair was sprawled all over her face and she looked really innocent at that moment, which she obviously wasn't.

I was in high-school with her for four years and I never saw her idolize a guy before, which is strange because she was the cheer captain and some would say, the hottest girl in the school. I wonder if Alaric was the one for her or he was just a phase.

Shaking these thoughts away, I trudged towards my room lazily and buried myself under the blanket, without bothering to turn the lights off or changing into my pajamas.

'Will I ever experience this sort of relationship with someone?' That was the last thought in my mind before I drifted into sleep.

___________________________