Chapter No. 15

Sophia

It was Saturday night and I was getting dressed for the club. I was tired of wearing jeans and my waitress' uniform and tonight, I wanted to feel good about myself.

The dress did good job of making my figure look voluptuous. It was a white off-the-shoulder dress that showed most of my tanned thighs. My hair were glossy because of the home-made mask that I used and my make-up skills helped me into making my skin glow.

I looked like a goddess.

Not really.

But I do look smoking hot.

You better prepare yourself, Alaric.

After slipping into the heels I bought last night in just fifteen dollars, I made my way to the living room where Noah was watching an action movie.

"How do I look?" I asked and he turned his face to me.

The moment he looked at me, his eyes widened like saucers and his jaw hung open, exactly the reaction I was expecting but from the wrong person.

"Easy, woman. Do you want to kill me? " he exaggerated like typical Noah, his eyes still lingering on my legs.

"Showtime over, Brown." I groaned and walked towards him to tear his eyes away from my legs. "Do my feet look swollen?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I don't think anybody would be staring at your feet tonight." he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm leaving. Don't contact me if you see me there. I don't want to introduce you to my friends." I cautioned him because his reputation with women wasn't exactly the best.

"Why? Afraid that they might like me more than you." he smirked.

"No. Afraid that I will wake up and find one of my friends in your bed." I replied and he chuckled, knowing well that it was actually true and he couldn't defend himself in that matter.

"Bye, Stone. Don't give anybody a stroke." he called out when I was about to leave.

"I'll try." I replied with a suggestive wink and his mouth fell open again.

..........

"Sophia, why are you staring at the entrance?" Hannah interrupted my focus and I turned my attention back to my friends. She used to work with us in the cafe but then she left to join the NYPD.

"She is waiting for Alaric." Tessa answered on my behalf and devoured the last of alcohol from her glass.

"Who is Alaric?" Candy asked, curving her fingers around her curly hair. She was Tessa's high-school best friend and we bonded last summer over our mutual pain in the ass aka our friend.

"The possible father of Harry and Hermoine." I chuckled. These were the names of my future kids inspired by Harry Potter, my favorite all time movie.

We were sitting in a booth near the entrance; some loud teenagers dancing near us and momentarily interrupting our conversation. I was on my second drink while Tessa was reaching out for her fifth. I decided not to drink much because drunk Sophia wasn't exactly a treat and I didn't want to humiliate myself in front of Alaric.

"Me likey," Tessa muttered under her breath, squinting her eyes to get a better look at a brown-haired boy who winked at her.

"You have a date with Antonio tomorrow." I reminded her and she pouted.

"Well, I am not his girlfriend yet so I can have fun." she smirked and then walked out of the booth to reach that guy. She was wearing a black leather skirt with a lace top, her straightened blonde hair tied in a high pony tail.