Chapter No. 42

Sophia

It was Saturday and I was choosing clothes for my next video, with Noah and Tessa both helping me. It wasn't easy with both of them in a single room because honestly, Tessa may look tiny but she can easily crush a huge man's ego into pieces.

"How's this one?" I modeled in the red strapless dress that I bought last year in sale. Tessa gave me a thumbs-up while Noah's jaw hang low and his eyes zoomed in on my cleavage peaking through the low-cut.

"Great. Just one more and we will have our ten outfits for this video." I said. This video was about ten inexpensive formal outfits for grown-up parties and it was more fun than selecting outfits for teenagers.

I rushed into the bathroom and then changed into the next outfit. It was a dark blue jumpsuit which I decided to pair with a choker and some curled hair.

Once I came out of the bathroom, they were once again engaged in a heated discussion.

"I don't understand how someone with a barbie face can be so evil," Noah hissed at Tessa.

"Boo hoo," she rolled her eyes. "I don't understand how someone with big muscles can be such a crybaby."

"You are mean," he said.

"Aww, baby. Do you need a hug now?" she smirked and glared simultaneously.

"Guys, focus." I announced and they turned around to look at me. Both of them gave me an approving look. "Great," I let out a relieved sigh and plopped on the bed.

We spent the next five hours in video making. I was really grateful of both of them for helping me in every process, especially Noah who spent his weekend helping me, after working his ass off the whole week. But it's probably the last weekend we were spending together. Next week this day, I'll be alone in the bed, watching movies alone with nobody to pass stupid remarks about how the male character was trying too hard or how the female character had great legs.

Sigh.

"Woah, it was fun." Tessa said, after we watched the finished video.

"Because you weren't doing anything." Noah snarled, as he pressed the saving button.

"Yeah, and you were tortured to do everything. Poor you, Cinderella." she snickered and Noah groaned in return.

"Does your girlfriend know you are Satan reincarnated?" Noah replied.

"Yeah, she does. By the way, how long it took you to come up with this insult?" she responded and Noah gritted his teeth.

Before Tessa could bully him some more, I gripped her wrist and tugged her into the kitchen. "Wow, he really is a man child." she chuckled as she watched him throw chips into the air and catching them with his mouth.

"Yeah," I admitted, staring at his cute actions. He looked genuinely hurt when the chips fell down on the floor instead of landing into his mouth. His mouth formed a pout at the waste of chips. "God, I love him." I whispered.

"What?" she said and that's when I realised what I mistakenly said.

"What?" I replied, swallowing the saliva down my throat.

"What did you say?" she asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"I... I said... Um... I said I love when he does such things."

"No, you said you love him." she raised her eyebrows.

"No, I didn't." I replied, my voice shaky.

"Yes you did." she said firmly.

"Um... It might have been slip of tongue." I whispered nervously.

"What are you guys talking about?" Noah entered and stared at both of us. His eyes moved to my confused face to Tessa's suggestive smirk and a frown appeared on his forehead.

"Um... Nothing. Have you uploaded the video?" I asked.

"Yep," he said.

Tessa was still staring at both of us with her calculative gaze, her lips formed into a smirk.

"Bye, Tess." I motioned her to leave before she could embarass me.

"Yeah, sure. We don't want any more slipping of tongue now, do we?" she chuckled while passing by me.

Noah looked at me, as if asking me what she meant and I shrugged.

Why tf would I say I love him? Shit.

"What are you doing?" he asked, peeking in the refrigerator.

"You wasted many hours for me so I thought I would cook something." I said, checking in the recipe book for something quick.

"Like the cookies you made last time?" he chuckled, making me stick out my tongue in response.

"Don't underestimate me, Brown," I said and decided to make chicken fried rice.

While I assembled the ingredients, he settled himself on the counter and observed my movements like a trained chef watching a trainee.

Putting the rice on one side of stove to boil, I started cutting the vegetables and chicken on the cutting board. In the pan, I added some diced onions and after they cooked, I added chicken and all the vegetables one by one.

"Time to add the spices," I said.

"That's where you mess up," he said and jumped off the counter. He walked behind me and peeked over my shoulder, his breath tingling my skin and reminding me of the nights I spent with him.

"Enough?" I whispered, showing him the amount of salt I was going to add.

"Hmm," he mumbled and lowered his head so it was almost resting on my shoulder, while his arms resting on the counter caged me from the sides.

"Now add half tablespoon black paper and half tablespoon red pepper," he said, his voice low. I did as he said while he kept assessing my actions, his presence behind me causing small goosebumps to appear on my skin.

Then he backed away to hand me the sauces and I sighed in relief. Because if we stayed like that for one more minute, I swear I would have turned off the stove and jumped on him to tear his clothes off.

Once the chicken and vegetables were tender, I added the rice and after mixing, covered the pot for five minutes. While it cooked, Noah set the table, poured some wine and placed a candle in the middle.

"Is it a date?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Do you want it to be?" he winked and blood rushed to my cheeks. "Don't worry, I just want to enjoy the dinner tonight. You don't have to join me."

"Well, I think after all the hardwork, the least you deserve is a dinner with me." I shrugged and served the rice in both plates.

Sitting face to face, we took a bite and by the look on his face, it tasted better than he had expected.

"Who knew I'll get to eat something tasty from your hands before leaving," he said and sadness filled me at the thought of him leaving. The smile left my mouth and I chewed the rice that felt tasteless now.

"Hey," he placed his hand over mine. There was a sincere look on his face, as if telling me that I would be fine without him.

"Yeah?" I asked with a serious face.

"Do you want to go to a party with me?" he asked, changing the topic.

"What kind of party?"

"A party at our CEO's house. It's tomorrow night. I'll look like a loser if I go alone." he pouted and his ocean blue eyes shone because of the candle.

"Um... Your ex would be there." I expressed my concern over Emma who already hated me.

"Don't worry about her." he said.

I contemplated whether I should go or not. Although it would feel weird to be in strangers but who could resist those cute, blue eyes. "Sure, let's have fun tomorrow night." I replied and a smile flashed his face.

______________________