Chapter No. 14

Sophia

When I woke up this morning, I felt a strong, muscular hold around my waist. That used to happen in college when every weekend, I would wake up in some stranger's bed. Thankfully, I have been cautious ever since I dropped out and now, I don't sleep with random strangers anymore.

So, please don't be naked, stranger.

I prayed mentally and opened my right eye to a narrow slit, in order to reveal the identity of the invader of my personal space.

I let out an agitated groan when my gaze landed on that person.

It was Noah, sleeping like a baby; his mouth slightly parted and his huge, bulky body crushing my fragile one.

That reminded me of what happened last night, how I was bawling in pain and he helped me with the soup and the heating pad. I cursed myself internally when I remembered how I requested him to stay with me.

Ugh.

"Noah!" I slapped his arm gently to wake her up.

"Good bye babygirl, I'll call you later." he mumbled under his breath and snuggled deeper into the crook of my neck; his warm breath on my sensitive skin making me feel weird tingling in my stomach.

"Wake up, dumb-ass," I shouted and using all my strength, pushed him away. The sudden attack jolted him up and he looked around in fright to find the attacker.

"You," he mumbled when his eyes settled on me. "Well, aren't you the girl who forced me into sleeping with you last night?" he smirked, letting out an unattractive yawn that thankfully killed the funny feeling happening in my belly.

"In your dreams," I rolled my eyes and hopped out of the bed to take a warm bath.

"In my dreams, sleeping is the last thing we do." he winked and my cheeks heated up at his remark. To my utmost displeasure, an image of us doing certain things flashed my mind and I clenched my eyes shut.

"Go fuck yourself." I said and wrapped a shawl around my bare arms.

"I don't need to," he chuckled and walked off the bed.

Before he could leave the room, I stopped him by calling him out. "Thanks for last night, dimwit. I owe you one."

"The pleasure is all mine, Stone." he winked again, smirking, and then left the room.

My eyes stayed zoomed in on his retreating figure until the ringing of my phone brought me back to the real world.

..........

Putting Alaric's order in a tray, I trudged towards his table. He lifted his head from the book when he found me walking towards him and a smile appeared on his handsome face.

"Thank you," he said in his charming accent and I internally swooned.

I stayed there for a brief moment, smiling shyly under his attentive gaze after which I decided to walk away.

"Sophia," he called my name, stopping me in my tracks. "Can we meet outside this cafe tomorrow night or should I wait for a polite rejection?" he asked.