Chapter No. 33

Noah

I was making breakfast in the morning when I heard the door open. The sound of Sophia's steps reached my ears, followed by her walking towards me in disheveled state.

She seated herself in front of the counter and massaged her head. Her hair was a sexy mess right now, her makeup smudged and the after-effects of drinking apparent on her face.

I poured the coffee for her and placed it in front of her.

She eyed me angrily and then sipped the coffee. "Don't think I forgive you for the stunt you pulled last night." she huffed and continued drinking the coffee.

I knew what I did was wrong and I knew I shouldn't have interfered but I couldn't let her do that. I knew she would have regretted sleeping with a stranger next morning. And then there was another reason; the bitter feeling of jealousy I felt on seeing her with him and I couldn't help but interfere.

"So how long will this rebellious phase last?" I asked her.

"As long as I want." she shrugged. There was something disturbing her, something pushing her to act like this. I wanted to know the reason of her behavior so I could do something to relieve her stress. But she wasn't going to tell me and there was no way for me to find out.

"Just be careful." I said and she narrowed her eyes at me. The look in her eyes told me that if I didn't stop, she won't hesitate before emptying the cup on me.

To save myself from her outburst, I picked up my breakfast and made my way to my room.

..........

It was almost 10pm and Sophia hasn't returned yet. I was switching between the channels on the TV, my mind still stuck on her. Where was she? What was she doing? It was all Alaric's fault; if he hadn't broken up with her in that way, she won't be in a vulnerable state.

Relaxation washed over me when I finally heard the bell ring. I hopped towards the door and opened it, only to find Emma standing on the other side. Disappointed filled my being and I forced a fake smile on my face.

"Won't you invite me in?" she asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"Come in," I smiled and snaked my arm around her waist. We sat down on the couch, with her on my lap and she snaked her arms around my neck.

"Did you notice something different about me?" she asked, smirking.

I assessed her from head to toe and found nothing different. I shook my head and she sighed in disappointment.

"God Noah, didn't you notice my hair?" she stared into my eyes.

"Um, I did. They look same to me." I said honestly.

"Really? Were my hair always light brown?" she rolled her eyes.

"Oh," That's when I noticed her hair appeared lighter than usual.

"You don't even know my hair color." she said in a dejected voice.

"It's not like that," I said, obviously disappointed with myself. I didn't even know my girlfriend's hair color but I could tell every little detail about Sophia, from the cut mark on her right eyebrow to the small scar behind her left ankle.

"Whatever." she said.

"Don't be mad, Emma. I guess I didn't notice it before because all my attention is focused on this pretty face of yours." I said. She rolled her eyes but I saw the blush on her face.

Pulling her towards me, I placed my lips on her and slowly kissed her. My other hand went into her hair and I massaged her scalp lightly. I tried to put extra effort into the kiss because I was feeling guilty for not remembering her hair color. Guess, I really was a shitty boyfriend.

We were busy in the makeout session when I heard noises coming from the door. The sound of muffled footsteps reached me and I broke the kiss.

After a moment, Sophia entered the living room, her hands linked with a guy. He was tall and lean, dressed in a sleeveless tank top, his arms covered in tattoos and he had piercings on his upper lip and eyebrow.

"Sorry for interrupting," she said on watching Emma. "We will be in my room."

I watched them going towards her room, that guy's hand resting on her lower back. I clenched my jaw and fought with the urge to throw him out of the house.

"Let's go to my room." I said and pulled Emma along with me, her legs wrapped around my waist.

The sound of bed creaking followed by a feminine moan erupted from Sophia's room and I kissed Emma hard to muffle that voice from reaching my ears. She eagerly responded to my kisses and as soon as we were in my room, I attempted to take off her clothes.

Sophia's loud giggles pierced my eardrums while I straddled Emma, her lips still linked to mine. Once her clothes were off, I trailed my lips down to her neck and that's when I hear a masculine moan.

"Fuck," I cursed angrily and pulled apart. "What's wrong with them?"

"What happened?" Emma eyed me, her face flushed. I felt bad for pulling apart when she was ready but I couldn't do that, not with their voices interrupting us.

"You saw that guy? He is bad news." I said, running my fingers through my hair in anger.

A frown appeared on Emma's face and she covered herself with the blanket. "What's wrong with you Noah? Why were you thinking about them when you were kissing me? Why does it matters to you if she is sleeping with a bad guy?"

"Emma, sweetheart," I whispered softly. "She is my friend and I know that she takes breakups really hard. She tries to forget things by having a series of night stands but then she regrets it later. She still regrets our one night stand, even after five years."

"What did you say?" she asked.

"I said she is my friends but-"

"No, about the one night stand?" she asked and that's when I realised I messed up, bad. I cursed myself for being so stupid and attempted to make her understand.

"It was just one night. We were both drunk and-"

"And you slept with her?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. A vein in her head popped out.

"Y... Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me that you have slept with that girl before?" she asked and I couldn't think of the reason.

"Because... Because it didn't matter. It was a long time ago." I said and attempted to touch her but she backed away.

"Didn't matter? You fucking live with that girl, Noah. Are you stupid or what? Of course, it fucking matters." she growled at me and jumped out of bed. I asked her to listen to me once but she continued wearing her clothes.

"Emma listen, I swear nothing has happened between us since I moved in. It was all in the past." I said but she was already slipping into her shoes.

I gripped her wrist but she jerked it away and glared into my eyes. "I don't want to be in the same apartment as that skank right now. Just set your priorities straight before coming to office tomorrow or don't talk to me at all." she snarled and then stomped out of the room.

After she left, I slid down the door and let out a growl. Frustration overpowered my other senses and I aimed a punch towards the tiled floor. Sharp pain shot through my knuckles and I winced in pain.

_______________________

Just ten or twelve more chapters are left and then I'll be focusing on Chasing Sapphire and my other works.