Chapter No. 26

Noah

It was Saturday evening and we had a Halloween party on the roof of our building. I had invited Emma because we had grown quite closer in the last few weeks. If things went right, she might be my first ever serious girlfriend and the highlight was, I didn't try to sleep with her yet.

There was something else though. An emptiness. As if I needed something else, someone else; a particular tall girl with a pretty face and fun personality.

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. I was dressed up as Harry Potter. I bought the costume from a local shop, drew a scar on my forehead and used a wand that had a sexual innuendo written on it, "Wanna touch my big wand?"

I was busy praising my cute look when I heard the door bell ring. It was probably Emma. I hopped towards the door and opened it, only to reveal her in a cute cat outfit. She was wearing a white overall, fake cat ears, whiskers on her face and a round nose was drawn on her face with a marker.

"Aren't you a cutie pie?" I took the liberty to pinch her cheeks.

"I'm still your boss." she smirked proudly.

"Well, about that. Read this." I grinned and showed her the wand.

She read the words and frowned. "No, thank you." she narrowed her eyes at me, not appreciating the joke at all.

"Come on, it was a funny. Appreciate it." I pouted which had absolutely no affect on it.

I walked out of the apartment and led her to the elevator. It took us to the roof of the building where many youngsters dressed in either slutty or funny outfits were assembled.

I looked around to find Sophia but she was nowhere to be found. Guess she hadn't left the house yet.

We passed through the men and women and reached the bar set in the farthest point of the roof. We both took a glass of beer each and leaned against the fence of the roof.

Music was blasting through the speakers and everybody was having fun. My eyes switched to the door again and again to see if Sophia was coming.

"Finally," I said when I watched her enter. She was dressed in full black outfit, with black feathery wings trailing behind her. She came as a devil; her dark makeup and curled hair accentuating her look. Overall, she looked smouldering hot and everyone else probably agreed too, considering the looks men and some women were giving her.

"Wow, does she always dress this slutty?" Emma said from my side, her voice sounded dry.

I felt the need to defend her. "Well, you haven't seen her in three days old sweatpants smeared with ketchup." I told her with a chuckle.

Sophia's eyes searched around and when they stopped in our direction, she smiled and made her way towards me.

"Sexy devil... Such a halloween cliche." I teased her once she reached us.

"Didn't you hear? Clichés are back in fashion." she smirked and then assessed me from head to toe. "Let me guess, Harry Potter," she pointed towards me and then to Emma with a confused face. "Um... Professor McGonagall?"

"Just a cat," Emma replied with an annoyed face while I laughed at the Harry Potter reference.

"Well, about that. Wanna touch my big wand?" I extended my hand to show her my custom made wand.

She laughed out loud on watching it, exactly the reaction I wanted. "You are gonna get youself killed by a girl's boyfriend, Brown." she said in between her giggles. "Besides, I like my wands bigger."