Chapter No. 17

Noah

Cooking gives me absolute pleasure, whether it is a healthy salad or a cheesy pizza; a spicy pasta or a loaded cheeseburger. Today, I decided to start my Sunday morning with a piping hot cup of coffee and some nutella crepes.

After doing my routine exercise and taking a shower, I made my way towards the kitchen but someone sprawled on the couch caught my attention.

"Hangover?" I asked in sympathy because too had some after-effects of drinking last night.

"No, spiral of shame and the urge to choke myself to death." she replied in sour voice.

"So you remember what you did last night?" I asked in an amused voice and sat down beside her.

"Every second of it," she gripped her head with her hands and groaned. "God, why was I stripping? What the hell?"

"Well, that hell was heaven for many," I snickered and she gave me a deathly glare.

"Wait, did you really saved whatever dignity I had left?" she asked in doubtful voice, as if she had expected me to let her strip and enjoy the show. Well, I might have if there weren't a whole club there.

"Yep, that's me. Your knight in shining armor." I smirked proudly and she fought the smile erupting on her face.

"Thanks Brown," she whispered and rested her head back on the couch. "My head hurts like hell."

"Hey, I know what you need. Greasy food, the best cure of hangover," I said excitedly.

"I am in no mood of making any greasy food," she breathed and let out a loud yawn.

"I'll make breakfast for you, Roomie. In exchange, you can take me out for dinner some time." I proposed and she nodded vaguely.

I made way towards kitchen and checked the cabinets for ingredients. Instead of crepes, I settled on cheese omelet, toasts and sausages. While the sausage cooked, I made the batter of omelet and toasted the bread. Then I made the omelet and let the coffeemaker prepare two cups of coffee.

We both were rarely together for breakfasts so this would be a nice time to bond over our shared misery.

I placed two sausages, omelet and toasts in each plate and then shifted both plates and the coffee mugs into a tray.

Excited over my beautiful creation, I balanced the tray on my hands and walked towards the living room where Sophia was on the phone.

Cutting the call, she stared at the tray I placed on the table. "Oh, it looks delicious but I need to go," she muttered in an apologetic tone.

"Go? Where?" I asked, fighting the disappointment brewing inside me.

"Alaric called, he asked me if I wanted to join him for breakfast." she told me with a toothy grin and my mood soured at his mention.

"But what about your plate?" I asked.

"I'm sure eating two plates will make you happier." she chuckled and then excitedly ambled towards her room. Few seconds later, she emerged with her hair in a pony tail and a light lipstick on her lips.

Giving me a smile, she walked out of the apartment while I stared at the tray dryly. Heaving a sigh, I picked up my plate and took a bite, the initial excitement had already left my body and the omelet didn't taste half as good.

..........

The ringing phone pulled me out of my deep slumber and I looked around in paranoia. I found myself in my living room, with a movie playing on the LCD and my feet propped up on the coffee table.