Chapter No. 46

Sophia

My interview was at 12. I woke up at 10 and took a long, warm bath. Noah was probably gone by now so I ate a bowl of cereal and then changed into my clothes. I dried my hair and let them down in natural waves, did my makeup the best I could and then slipped into nude heels.

Once I was completely ready, I walked out of my bedroom and on the exact moment, Noah stepped out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around his legs.

"Shit," he said when he found me in front of him.

My eyes travelled down his chiselled body, his muscular torso, his very lickable abs and then to the V of his abdomen diving into the towel. My throat went dry on watching the sheer perfection and it proved very difficult to tear my eyes from him.

"Um... Aren't... Aren't you going to office?" I asked, still staring at his muscular body and controlling the desire to run a finger down his navel.

"No, had to take care of some things." he answered. "You look great, by the way."

"Thanks," I smiled, pushing the vile thoughts to the back of my mind. "I should leave."

"Best of luck," he said and then walked past me into his room.

Sighing deeply, I left the apartment to drive towards the boutique.

...........

The interview went well, better than I had expected. The material that Noah gave helped me a lot and I introduced myself exactly how Noah did last night. Once she was pleased with my introduction, the rest automatically went well. Davina said she would love to have me learn under her and I can start from Monday.

Hearing this, I called Tessa to celebrate and asked her to ditch the cafe for today. We planned to meet in the mall to spend the day doing what we liked the most--- shopping.

But this time, the shopping wasn't for me. I wanted to buy something for Noah, a gift that he would love. But it was a difficult task because I had no idea what he liked. Apparently, food and sex were two things he loved the most in the world, and I don't think a hooker or a grill pan would be an ideal gift.

"You can give him a perfume," Tessa suggested.

"No, a perfume isn't a meaningful gift. He helped me into getting this job and I want to give him something that tells that I actually put a lot of thought into it." I said, looking around the suit store to buy something.

"Girl, you shouldn't let him go." she said the same thing again.

"For God's sake, Tess. He helped me into achieving my dream so how could I steal his dream job from him?" I responded, but a part of me said otherwise.

"So he will leave tomorrow?" she said.

"Yeah," I whispered, not wanting to think about him leaving.

"And what will you do then?" she asked as we walked towards a gaming store.

"Nothing." I sighed. The truth is, I don't know. I'll probably move out of the apartment because that place would be really sad without him.

I suddenly stopped when my eyes fell on the playstation placed in the display. I heard him say once that he would love to have it because his old PlayStation wasn't working any good.

"I want to buy this," I said to the owner.

"Its 400 dollars." he said and I exchanged a look with Tessa.

"Man, you can buy 10 outfits in 400." she said, clicking her tongue.

"But it's Noah," I said and she passed me a pitiful look.