Profile and settings

Profile General Layout: At the top of the new profile layout is your background (which ends up blurred unfortunately), your profile image- this will be round, underneath your profile image will be your username and @your usernameunderneath this is a button that says your username and is a link to your profile page, how many followers you have and how many people you are following, underneath that on the left hand side of the page there is a giant text box labelled About for you to display about yourself for example "I am a wattpad addict". Underneath that it states your location and when you joined wattpad. Then underneath this is a link to your reading lists, it will display some images of what's on your reading list.

Then on the right hand side of the page is the number of works you have published this will show your latest updated book with the number of reads, votes and comments and an image of the front cover of your book with the front covers and titles of your other books underneath.(These will include hyperlinks, there is also a hyperlink to view all of your works). Underneath this is your status on wattpad (who you have followed recently, whether you have updated a book recently or commented on another users book. If you want to view more of your status click the button show more at the bottom of your profile page. 

Editing Profile: On the right hand side of your page there is a button that has a picture of a cog and says Edit ProfileSelect this button it will lead you to a page that says Currently editing your profile then on the right hand side it says save changes and cancel. Underneath this it says change background image this will lead you to your photo storage on your device where you can choose an image for your background.

Then underneath that there is a camera icon that will lead you to your photo storage on your device so you can choose an image for your profile. Underneath the camera icon is a box that allows you to add your full name (optional). Then further down the page it says Location (you can add location-optional, it can be made up e.g. Narnia), a text box that says about where you can feel in details of hobbies, interests etc. And below that there is another box labelled My website with a prompt saying enter a link to your personal websiteThen once you have finished altering your profile scroll to the top of the page and click the save button. 

Settings: Settings enables you to change your account information and privacy settings. You can find your settings by going to the home page, hover over your username and scroll down and click settings. This will lead you to a page 

Account settings: On this page it says Change your account settings and privacy information. Below this it says username, password and email next to these is a blue link labelled change if you click this it will allow you to type in the text boxes to change your username, password or email. On the account settings page it will show your name which you can change and has a box that says show if you tick this box it will show your name on your profile. 

Further down the page will be your date of birth which you can change and tick to show on your profile page, your gender which you can select and change using the drop down arrow box, your location which you can change by typing in the text box, your story language which you can change using the drop down arrow box with 51 language options including other, a box that is labelled appear offline which you can tick, a link for you to connect to facebook and twitter labelled with their logos, boxes that you can fill in username details for other  networking sites that include: Lulu, Smashwords and website which allows you to connect to your own personal website (these are all labelled with appropriate logos). 

Additionally on this page is a large picture of your profile image which you can change or remove on account settings as well as edit profile, a small image of your background profile image which you can change or remove, a choice of follow buttons which you can choose and select ranging in text box length, orange background with white writing or white background with orange writing and a text box containing a link to your wattpad profile which you can copy and paste to your personal website. Furthermore, there is a text box labelled about where you can change your profile information with upto 2000 characters. There is also a tiny grey button labelled close your account (it does what the label says). After you have finished editing you account settings click the giant orange button (it's hard to miss it) labelled save at the bottom of the page. 

Notifications: Notification settings enables you to edit what you will recieve email notifications from on wattpad. These include: Message alerts, follower alerts and updates. Next to these is a tiny grey tick boxes which which you can choose and select according to your preference.

Message notifications include: When someone writes on your message board, when someone starts to follow you, when someone comments on your story, when someone mentions you in a comment, when you recieve a message. 

Follower Notifications include: When users you follow upload a new story or add a part to a story and when users you follow broardcast a message. 

Update Notifications include: Important announcements from wattpad. 

(Your newsfeed will not be affected by these settings). 

Once you have finished editing the notification settings click the orange button labelled save, which is found at the bottom of the page. 

Write Like A ProOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara