Tears of a Jolly Beetle

Arabella's POV

I was currently in the Man Cave watching my father and Henry on tv, and they were accepting medals from the Vice Mayor of Swellview. I wasn't allowed to go, because I'm Ray's daughter, and I'm not allowed to reveal my identity to anyone. My dad's received awards before so I wasn't paying attention to it that much and shut it off after it finished.

It was sad yet funny when they cut Henry short in his speech. I enjoyed that part.

——

My dad, Henry, and Charlotte returned and we had a problem. My dad got hurt and he wasn't okay, that's a huge problem. Something must've happened and we need to fix it, because this will literally ruin the reputation of Captain Man. He's vulnerable to villains now.

"Come on, Gooch. How many more of these tests are we gonna do?" My dad asks Gooch with annoyance. Gooch has run many tests on my dad and I'm actually terrified right now; these could kill him.

"Shush." Gooch said. "Now remove your right glove, then hold your right hand."

My dad removed his glove as Gooch stood behind a giant flame thrower. "This is getting on my nerves now."

Henry and I were both enjoying the frozen yogurt they bought. It was meant for him and my dad, but I'm the daughter so I get some too.

My eyes grew as Gooch fired up the flame thrower. "Hold in the fire!"

Gooch blasted fire at my dad's hand and he cried out in pain. "Ow! Ow Ow!" He screamed and Henry and I watched as we ate the yogurt.

This is some good yogurt.

Gooch lowered the flame thrower and my dad's hand was burnt and he was in terrible pain.

"Do you still feel the pain in your hand?" Gooch asks.

"Yeah!" My dad groans in pain. "I don't get it! It's been two seconds, the pain should be gone by now."

"We need more tests." Gooch declares.

"No, we've checked enough of my body parts." My dad protests.

"What about his butt?" Henry asks and I nod. "Check his butt."

"That's an important part." I add.

"We should check your butt." Gooch confirms.

"Check my butt how?" My dad questions.

Gooch picked up a bow and arrow. "Face the other way and touch your toes."

"Oh, no, no, no!" My dad denies. "You've already stabbed my neck, poured acid on my foot, and toasted my hand. I think we can all assume I'm also vulnerable to butt wounds."

"Hey, you guys." Henry called and we turned to him. "This is great frozen yogurt."

"It is." I grin.

"Quarter of that yogurt's mine!" My dad snarls and I shrug.

"Gooch, what's going on with me?" My dad asks. "No one's been able to injure me since I was eight years old."

"Hey, everyone!" Charlotte calls. "Come look at this."

We approach Charlotte at the monitors.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"Watch this new footage from the award thing yesterday. I'll play it in slow motion." Charlotte says and plays a part of the footage slowly. As Captain Man was taking a picture with a elderly woman, this lady came by and sprayed him with something without him noticing.